2017 Taco AC issue

Robot

This just started at 3400 miles. The shop had to recharge the AC coolant, and it went fine until yesterday. Now I'm experiencing fluctuating temperature. It will get ice cold then back of, and then ice cold again. The AC before this has always worked great. Any suggestions?

This just started at 3400 miles. The shop had to recharge the AC coolant, and it went fine until yesterday. Now I'm experiencing fluctuating temperature. It will get ice cold then back of, and then ice cold again. The AC before this has always worked great. Any suggestions?
Why did they have to recharge it if it was working great before?

Reactions: 4wd
Is this while the AC is going or when it is "turned off"? I always get hot air thru the vents but I took it in for the first oil change, the whole way home it blew cool. No fans or anything on.

Why did they have to recharge it if it was working great before?
It's been making a noise since I purchased it, and Toyota said to do thinking that may help with the noise, and it did not all they found was it was over full.

All of it is going to be covered under warranty so I’d take it back and see if they can start replacing things. Maybe do a system flush and fill. I might also contact corporate and start a case with them. That seems to get the dealers in gear that try to say its “normal”. Also if it can’t be fixed and they attempt to fix it 3 times with continued failure it may qualify for the lemon law. Each state is different but something to keep in mind throughout the process.

All of it is going to be covered under warranty so I’d take it back and see if they can start replacing things. Maybe do a system flush and fill. I might also contact corporate and start a case with them. That seems to get the dealers in gear that try to say its “normal”. Also if it can’t be fixed and they attempt to fix it 3 times with continued failure it may qualify for the lemon law. Each state is different but something to keep in mind throughout the process.

^^^^^^^^^
Agreed

If they had to "add" refridgerant to a system that was previously charged & running fine the only thing it could be is a leak, if they "over charge" it could cause a "freezing" condition, if noisy (under hood) sounds like compressor is suspect, there may be sticky reed valves causing it to cycle irratically ...You haven't had long enough to be a dirty coil I'd suspect, but yeah, if under warranty get on Toyota about this & best advice I can give is DON'T LET UP on them, make them make it right...

Back