2017 Tacomas - made in Mexico vs Texas

My last Tacoma was made in Texas, no issues at all except a blown rear speaker that was replaced no questions asked within 15 minutes once dealer got new one! My new Tacoma is made in Mexico, Hopefully it's as dependable as my last truck! I have to admit,it was nice to say my truck was made in America! As long as it's dependable, it really don't matter I guess. Not that it matters, but, does anyone know which plant is newer, I'm thinking the Mexico plant, but I'm not sure. I think I read somewhere that the Mexican plant got some type of award, not sure if that's true or not.

Sad sad sad I never knew they could be made in mexicant my 18 is a santonio Texas truck

Believe it or not Mexico is in AMERICA as is the United States........Love my Taco!

Yeap. All North America too. Until we start paying attention to all that stuff is when we realize we’re all the same just raised differently with different information. Heck, you take a 1 hr drive and everyone has different lifestyles and attitude. I’m all for supporting locals though lol. Unless they can’t price match, then ill buy online

Yeap. All North America too. Until we start paying attention to all that stuff is when we realize we’re all the same just raised differently with different information. Heck, you take a 1 hr drive and everyone has different lifestyles and attitude. I’m all for supporting locals though lol. Unless they can’t price match, then ill buy online
[emoji90] just got deep... lol. So true though. I've spent significant amounts of time in towns/ cities all over the country and have close friends in all of those areas. Once you kinda settle in and become a part of the culture of an area, you notice striking resemblances to either your home town or other places you've lived or visited. I swear, it's like I have 5 or 6 different versions of the same group of friends scattered across the country. The world gets smaller, the more you travel it!

We’re buying Japanese products. It’s kinda hard to get aggravated about them not being made in the US. lol.
I want all the boost to American business and economy as possible. But I think the Big 3 should be held more accountable than any other manufacturers for building outside the US.

If you have a 17 or 18 taco built-in Tijuana Mexico VIN 3 those are the last trucks built in that plant. All new Tacos are built in San Antonio Texas VIN will start with 5

Back