2017 Toyota Tacoma Spare Tire Power Winch Hoist

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Perseus2017, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Perseus2017

Perseus2017 Active Member

Does such an accessory exist?

Each month, I check my spare tie pressure, and each month,
    I get tired of manually cranking down the spare because the damn value stem points upward, toward the bed, instead of downward, like it does on my Dodge Ram. (And, yes, a tried an, expensive, "high quality" valve extender, and all that did was let the air out!) A small, power winch hoist, to do the lowering/raising for me, at the press of a button, would be REALLY nice!

Has anyone heard of this kind of accessory? (I searched the Internet and couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just dreaming.)

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I flipped the spare so the valve stem faces down.

Bogunn and AZ Pete like this.
  4. OP
    Perseus2017

Perseus2017 Active Member

OK. Makes sense. I actually thought of that but wasn’t sure you could mount it upside down. The owner’s manual advises against it. (But who reads, let alone pays attention, to the manual anyway?). :)

Thanks

5. Dave Gooden

Dave Gooden Member

I mounted mine front bumper

Bogunn likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You mounted the spare tire on your front bumper?

7. Dave Gooden

Dave Gooden Member

pics tommorrow

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I took the spare tire off @OR17TRD’s truck and store it in my truck bed. He just doesn’t know it yet. He’ll find out when he gets a flat. Lol.

kp.taco and OR17TRD like this.
  9. Dave Gooden

Dave Gooden Member

curt front hitch