2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission. Come on Toyota!!

In either case/topic, I dont think we should have to use manual mode due to a transmission that is quirky. A good truck would work in D with little to no manual intervention. (With obvious exceptions for towing and off road use). I dont think i should need to turn ect on, go manual mode, and not use CC do drive my truck. Hahaha. I can only laugh now.

The poor shifting is the (only) thing I can’t stand about my 2016 DBLCAB LB OR. Thrilled I went with a lease just to be sure I was happy with my first pickup. Mine hasn’t shifted correctly since day 1. I knew about issue going in but, underestimated the frustration it was going to cause.

Congratulations.
If you've only had it for two days I'd just drive it and see. You might not have any issues with it. I love my truck. We've been through some things. I feel like in any relationship working through the tough times and not giving up on eachother makes the love so much deeper.
Post some pictures... not on this thread but one for that sort of thing :)
Will do. Hoping to plasti-dip those freakin' chrome bumpers this weekend!

I haven't been on the highway yet to test out CC like you guys are talking about. Will chime in with my results.

That ETC button really makes a difference though!

I had the tranny issue tsb and now I noticed my dif is seeping. It will get fixed but I am also very disappointed. However, I do believe in the core of my truck - the motor, tranny (on a mechanical level) and other hardware type components. I am planning to weather the storm and keep my truck. I understand the feeling of anger over these issues though. They will get corrected and your trucks will live a long life in my opinion. As we go the newer trucks will be much better. That's just the way the modern retooling and manufacturing process goes. All brands have issues especially when software is controlling almost all of the mechanical components along with deadlines, supply issues, etc. Humans also err.

I have had many issues as well just as ord17TRD said from his talk I get the same the 2017 are new trucks from the 15/16 trucks well aware of the problems and it's just part of the design. Every week something new happens or noise on my truck. I've only had great fuel mileage twice reached 27 mpg highway travel on vacation. This my first Tacoma most likely last. I am not a happy customer. I to will be waiting on recalls now. Or I am gonna wait till my warranty up and start alternating the truck. Or trade it in for another vehicle. I never seen Toyota build such a crappy truck till now. There concerned about numbers it seems like. Ford coming back out with the ranger soon and hopefully GM fixing all their midsize truck issues.

So I've had my truck back for about 3 weeks now after it being at the dealer for a month. I took it in for the same issues on this thread. Only thing dealer found was that myb2ay tachometer was faulty. Don't know if they did anything else. (Doesn't say on work order) . But this seems to have cured the problem.

After leasing tacomas for 12 years I decided to buy a 2016. So in October 2016 bought a DCSB sport with the advanced tech package. Within the first week I started complaining about the constant shifting. After 8 months of the dealership run around I called Toyota customer service and was told the transmission is working exactly how it was designed to work. I now drive an F150. There is nothing good to say about the new Tacoma. Weak engine, horrible transmission and sounds like a sewing machine. Sunroof rattled and leaked, trifold bed cover leaked. Now power seat, no power rear window. Engine is a complete joke. I tell it go home it sends me to IHOP. Seats are so low it feels like you're sitting on the floor. Lame fabric on the dash. Worst vehicle I ever drove.

I will say that I think it is more of an automatic transmission issue than engine. I drive the 6 speed manual transmission in a 2017 AC TRD Sport. It is well-powered and generally drives better than any other model/year Tacoma I have driven.

Unfortunately, 150% yes to Entune. But its literally the only thing I'd change about my truck. My Tacoma OEM tonneau cover rocks and is 99% dry even after power washing.

I went to IRA Toyota in Danvers, MA and test drove the 2017 TRD off road this past December. I figured end of year and month they had decent deals. However, they couldn't get my monthly payment where I wanted it to be, so I did not sign & drive outta the lot. These issues in this forum are making me glad I didn't!

I went to IRA Toyota in Danvers, MA and test drove the 2017 TRD off road this past December. I figured end of year and month they had decent deals. However, they couldn't get my monthly payment where I wanted it to be, so I did not sign & drive outta the lot. These issues in this forum are making me glad I didn't!
What Tacoma do you have now?

Back