2017 TRD Off Road Taco

Desertdogs

So here I go...have had numerous Toyotas for ver, all the way back to '89. No issues, dealers have all been great. Now I have just ordered a Off Road Double cab, AT V-6 4x4. No tech packages, just the tow package. Take delivery in two weeks.

After reading this forum.......what am I getting myself into?
Seems like there is a mess of issues.

So here I go...have had numerous Toyotas for ver, all the way back to '89. No issues, dealers have all been great. Now I have just ordered a Off Road Double cab, AT V-6 4x4. No tech packages, just the tow package. Take delivery in two weeks.

After reading this forum.......what am I getting myself into?
Seems like there is a mess of issues.
Congrats on the purchase. You should be fine. Lots of people have no complaints. Some of my issues have been resolved. I am still waiting on the rear diff fix and a few other tweaks. I still love my truck though. I'm sure the new ones won't have any of these issues that have been worked out so far. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. You won’t be disappointed. I’ve had zero problems out of my gen three.

I have a 2017 Off road DC and have had no problems. I think the issue is the guys that DO have issues are pretty vocal about it because it's relatively rare to have issues with these Tacomas. It's definitely not the majority as a lot of these post make it seem. Don't worry about it. Drive the truck and enjoy it!

I have a 2017 Off road DC and have had no problems. I think the issue is the guys that DO have issues are pretty vocal about it because it's relatively rare to have issues with these Tacomas. It's definitely not the majority as a lot of these post make it seem. Don't worry about it. Drive the truck and enjoy it!
I dont find complaining about a defect is an "issue".
Maybe toyota does.

Call it what you wish. It seems like a petty disagreement. From now on we'll specifically refer to it as complaining.
How dare they eh?
Should eat moar applefritters...and ranch, cant forget ranch

Many thanks to those complainers.... kept me out of a new pos

I don't have a 3rd gen Tacoma but they can't be all that bad. There is a BUNCH all over the roads where I live.

Back