2018 3rd Gen Off-Road White Fishing Build

What Wheels to add.

• SCS F5 Bronze

• SCS F5 Black

• Method 702 Bronze with Bead Grip

• Method 702 Black with Bead Grip

Results are only viewable after voting.

WarriorSharp

So, I have had my Tacoma for almost 2 years now and have about to hit 20,000 miles. I currently live in Florida, flat here. I am usually fishing or towing my jet ski to the keys but plan to go up to the Outer banks in North Carolina. I would love to go over landing but this is all I do for now so I do not think I need a lift.

I just bought some Falken Wildpeaks 265/70/16 ($488.00) I am going to pair with with scs F5 0 offset and they are lighter wheels. I have a snow Yeti and I am crossed between matte black or the dark bronze F5.

I am also looking to get an ARE Overland top windoors 5 foot bed by end of the year since I can keep all my fishing gear to travel to these areas in the back.

My plan on over-landing would to get to fishing spots off road, now I do not think I would need a lift unless the road is harsh to reach some areas in the west coast. Here in South Florida I do go off-shore with the jet ski and also do some shoreline fishing. Looking into getting an Old Town Kayak also to maybe hit up some lakes and also camp.

Now, the question is should I lift the truck and add bigger tires to reach remote fishing spots or keep my current build plan which would save me on gas to travel these fishing spots across the states. My dream right now would be to fish in the river streams with mountain view or in the mountains. Also, would a -25 offset cause rubbing on stock tire size with 16 inch wheel.

I may make more edits to this post in case it is confusing.

I am also searching the forums for any fishing off-road builds.

To answer your can you fit bigger tires on stock rims. Yes you can go up to a 265/75/R16 without any issues. I’ve heard of some being able to go narrower and put 255/85/R16 tires on, but your tire selection is much more limited. That size would be around 33” tall and around 10” wide. To go to a wider 33” (and not rub) you will need at least 2 of the following. A lift, wheels with ~4.5” backspace or trim some of the body/plastic. I don’t know the specifics as I’m in the process of getting my ome lift as we speak but I plan to go with Method 703/704 wheels which hopefully will allow me to run 285/70/R17 without having to cut or trim.

Here’s my rig with my 265/75/R16Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws
Adjustments.jpg

Really nice setup, I like how the wildpeaks look on the tacoma makes the wheel pop out more. What rack do you have on top? I decided to stick with the stock tires 265/70/16 and now about to pull the trigger on Stealth Custom series F5 in black. I do like the style and also they are lighter. I do already have a Hardtop Tonneau Cover to keep my rods in. Do you have a cover in the bed under the rack?

Really nice setup, I like how the wildpeaks look on the tacoma makes the wheel pop out more. What rack do you have on top? I decided to stick with the stock tires 265/70/16 and now about to pull the trigger on Stealth Custom series F5 in black. I do like the style and also they are lighter. I do already have a Hardtop Tonneau Cover to keep my rods in. Do you have a cover in the bed under the rack?

Thanks! I have a Victory 4x4 Roof Rack. It’s basically a prinsu rack very similar. And yes I have a tonneau cover under my rack. It’s a sliding one. Retrax

Back