2018 Limited or TRD Sport full loaded

brianc401

Hi All,
I’m planning to get a 2018 Tacoma very soon. It’ll mostly be a daily driver from home to the office with the occasional weekend DIY projects.
Is there any difference between the TRD Sport full loaded and the Limited other than aesthetics? Can I get the better JBL stereo that’s in the Limited in the TRD Sport? Also, does the ride have the same feel?
I’ve asked 2 salesmen at 2 different dealerships. Both salesmen didn’t seem confident in their answers. I love the bigger tires on the Limited. But I don’t like the chrome look on the side mirrors. Im different with all the other aesthetic differences (front grill, hood, etc). But, if one drives better or one has a significantly better stereo, I’ll go with that one.

Thanks everyone!
Brian

You should be able to get leather and JBL on the Sport with the addition of the premium and tech packages. I know you can on an OffRoad because I have it.
I’ve honestly never seen it on the Sport....
The ride will be the same. The Sport gets the “sport tuned” Hitachi shocks and the non-functional hood scoop.

You should be able to get leather and JBL on the Sport with the addition of the premium and tech packages. I know you can on an OffRoad because I have it.
I’ve honestly never seen it on the Sport....
The ride will be the same. The Sport gets the “sport tuned” Hitachi shocks and the non-functional hood scoop.

So, the Hitachi shocks don’t make a noticable change in the feel of the drive?

So, the Hitachi shocks don’t make a noticable change in the feel of the drive?

They’re supposed to handle curves better. What you’d expect for a Sport model. And they do have a lot less roll than a normal truck but the Bilstiens on an OffRoad are way more comfortable in my opinion.
The hitachi shocks feel like a gut wagon to me. There’s no comparison, I wouldn’t want another Sport after having both back to back.

Hi All,
I’m planning to get a 2018 Tacoma very soon. It’ll mostly be a daily driver from home to the office with the occasional weekend DIY projects.
Is there any difference between the TRD Sport full loaded and the Limited other than aesthetics? Can I get the better JBL stereo that’s in the Limited in the TRD Sport? Also, does the ride have the same feel?
I’ve asked 2 salesmen at 2 different dealerships. Both salesmen didn’t seem confident in their answers. I love the bigger tires on the Limited. But I don’t like the chrome look on the side mirrors. Im different with all the other aesthetic differences (front grill, hood, etc). But, if one drives better or one has a significantly better stereo, I’ll go with that one.

Thanks everyone!
Brian
Between the sport and the limited I’d get the sport. If you want JBL get the sport with premium package. The tech package is the sunroof, rear parking sensors with color matched bumper and blind spot monitoring. The 2018 safety features come with the TSS-P.
If you want the ride to be better on the sport get bilstein 5100’s all around.

Why not the off-road?

Between the sport and the limited I’d get the sport. If you want JBL get the sport with premium package. The tech package is the sunroof, rear parking sensors with color matched bumper and blind spot monitoring. The 2018 safety features come with the TSS-P.
If you want the ride to be better on the sport get bilstein 5100’s all around.

Why not the off-road?

Its all about the scoop.

Limited or sport?... sport
Less chrome plus the skewp. Unless you want/need brown seats, limited is the only one

Back