2018 parking sensors

SXC

Howdy all,

Just picked up my 2018 cement gray TRD Sport with the upgrade package (Canada). It has the rear backup camera, but no parking sensors. The website says it has “cross traffic alert”.....how is that supposed to work without any sensors? My dealer said that he rear parking sensors are only available on the limited edition. The Centre stack has an empty button space where I’m assuming the on/off switch for the parking sensors are supposed to go. Is the dealer talking out of his arse? Or does it truly only come on the limited edition? Thanks!

Howdy all,

Just picked up my 2018 cement gray TRD Sport with the upgrade package (Canada). It has the rear backup camera, but no parking sensors. The website says it has “cross traffic alert”.....how is that supposed to work without any sensors? My dealer said that he rear parking sensors are only available on the limited edition. The Centre stack has an empty button space where I’m assuming the on/off switch for the parking sensors are supposed to go. Is the dealer talking out of his arse? Or does it truly only come on the limited edition? Thanks!
Got it here in merica’ on all premium packages, sport and off-road.

Howdy all,

Welcome to the forum.
First, I’d go to the Toyota vin website (link provided below) and look at my window sticker to see what options are actually installed in the truck.
Then look at the Toyota Canada website to see if the sensors and any other equipment are available on your trim level. You can compare models to see what is stock and what is optional.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/vehicle-specification

I believe a tale-tell sign of having sensors is having a body color matched rear bumper too.

Below is a picture of the BSM button in relation to the rest of the center console buttons on my 18 TRD Off Road. 20180122_143906.jpg

I have it on my limited. Disappointed they didn’t put parking sensors on the front, who does that!
Agree. I get it’s a smaller truck but these front ends can be hard to judge and see over at times. Especially for someone who isn’t use to it. Front sensors would be nice at times. Hey Toyota you listening for 2019 :D

Back