2018 seat pain

Pavo

I just got a brand new 2018 trd with cloth seats. Less than a 100 miles and I feel discomfort on my inner thighs when I'm driving and physical pain when I get out. Wtf is this normal, will the foam break in and feel better? I'm 5'9 with a normal healthy athletic build with zero back problems. I've been messing with the only feature I can (moving seat back or forward) to see what feels the most comfortable. I really love this truck and dont want to end up hating it.

I just got a brand new 2018 trd with cloth seats. Less than a 100 miles and I feel discomfort on my inner thighs when I'm driving and physical pain when I get out. Wtf is this normal, will the foam break in and feel better? I'm 5'9 with a normal healthy athletic build with zero back problems. I've been messing with the only feature I can (moving seat back or forward) to see what feels the most comfortable. I really love this truck and dont want to end up hating it.

Welcome to the forum.
You can adjust the lumbar in the seat with the wheel on the left side. Other than that there isn’t much else.

My drivers seat wobbles back and forth every time I stop and it feels like it’s slanted down to the right. I asked the service guy about the amount of play in it and he said it’s normal. I don’t think it is. I haven’t gone to the dealer and checked other tacos seat play.

The seats I've noticed needs to be a couple inches higher. I'm 5ft 10 and I noticed a big difference going from my old scion xb ti the tacoma. Just buy a good seat cushion and that should help.

My drivers seat wobbles back and forth every time I stop and it feels like it’s slanted down to the right. I asked the service guy about the amount of play in it and he said it’s normal. I don’t think it is. I haven’t gone to the dealer and checked other tacos seat play.

So what isn’t normal in the third gen? I asked the service writer to check out the slight whine from the rear end between 50 and 60 mph at the 10k mile service. Got the scripted answer: “It’s normal.”

I totally agree with you. The seats in my 2017 SR are intolerable by themselvesl. The bolsters hurt my thighs and my butt aches after a few miles. My solution was to add a “Purple” seat cushion and another seat cover from Amazon to raise my seating position up to a point where the bolsters don't dig into my thighs. To be fair, I have been finding this problem with many new vehicles. The seats are narrower and the side bolsters more pronounced. Not comfortable for my aging, skinny butt.

Tacoma’s have never been known for seat comfort but I really don’t mind them. The gen threes are a far stretch more comfortable then the bench seat in a gen one.
The gen one benches would give you hemorrhoids and disc disease.

Normal? Really Mr Dealer professional?? I am so sick and tired of dealers telling me **** is "normal." Years ago I brought my Yaris in to the dealer because the ABS was acting up and without even looking a the car, the guy said "It's normal. The ABS does what it needs to." I told him "Fine. I'll drive it until it breaks, or until I die."
So your seat is sloppy and it's "normal" and my seat takes the weight of 10 men to budge forward or backwards, also "normal." Their "normal" stories don't add up. They need to find another goddamn word, because in the words of George Carlin "I'm tired of that ****, tired of that ****."

Normal? Really Mr Dealer professional?? I am so sick and tired of dealers telling me **** is "normal." Years ago I brought my Yaris in to the dealer because the ABS was acting up and without even looking a the car, the guy said "It's normal. The ABS does what it needs to." I told him "Fine. I'll drive it until it breaks, or until I die."
So your seat is sloppy and it's "normal" and my seat takes the weight of 10 men to budge forward or backwards, also "normal." Their "normal" stories don't add up. They need to find another goddamn word, because in the words of George Carlin "I'm tired of that ****, tired of that ****."
Feel better?

Back