2018 Tacoma lift kits

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by toyotatavoma17sr, Apr 10, 2018.

1. toyotatavoma17sr

toyotatavoma17sr New Member

I need help picking out a suspension lift kit for my 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. I’m looking for a 3 inch lift and to put on 33’s. My price range is up to $2k but not sure what’s the best brand for that price. Please help

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new Tacoma. Is it a sport or an off-road?
    Look at OME 887 coils with 90021 shocks in front and 60000 series shocks on back with an AAL, progressive leaf pack or the Dakar’s.

4. OP
    toyotatavoma17sr

It’s a sr5 4x4

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

6. OP
    toyotatavoma17sr

Can you attach a link to the suspension kit? I can’t find it

7. OR17TRD

8. OR17TRD

You also might need new UCA to achieve correct alignment. Also take it to the dealer and have them recalibrate the TSS-P.

9. OP
    toyotatavoma17sr

The link you put on here is a 2 inch lift, and I don’t see a 3 inch anywhere

10. OR17TRD

It’s technically a “2” coil”. Most people with 3rd gen Tacoma’s are getting close to 3” of lift out of this set up when it’s done and you will be able to fit the 285/75/16 tires you want.
    You can take the 887 coils and add bilstein 5100’s set to 0 and it will give you about 3” up front. The only problem with that is it can void the factory warranty of the OME coils and the Bilsteins when paired together.

noplm1957 likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

12. IMG_7477.jpg IMG_7472.jpg IMG_7460.jpg

HeadStrong’s has a Bilstein 5100 lift kit.

5100s all around set at zero
    OME 887s
    Light racing UCAs
    Dakar’s in rear
    1/4” spacer for lean

Stealth custom series SR8s 16x8
    Fallen wildpeak AT3W 285/75/16

Got about 2.75” of lift and kept near stock rake which I like.

13. Oh and the lift kit cost 1500

Glenn671 likes this.
  14. OR17TRD

quicksandman91 likes this.
  15. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

quicksandman91 and B-Man like this.
  16. quicksandman91 likes this.
  17. Thanks an I forgot to add that my wheels are -12 offset. Minor rubbing halfway to full lock. It’s this small part of the front well that sticks out. Little heat gun and that is fixed. Full lock didn’t run at all.

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

How’s the angle on cv joints with a 3” lift?

19. OR17TRD

Like I’ve been saying there will be some modifications needed. People always want to know what size with no rubbing no modifications.

20. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member