2019 remote start problem

Robcal

I have a keyed remote start. I push the lock button three times and the truck will start.
So I know it works, but today I went to Home Depot ,shut it of, got out and locked it. I went shopping and when I returned my car was nice and cool inside, and my truck was running. So I realized I did not know it started by itself.
Has anyone else seen this happen in the hot wheather.

Not saying this is what happened but you have to be very careful if you have buttons on youre key fob, very easy to activate especially carrying youre keys in youre pocket. Even carrying my keys on a belt clip I have activated stuff. I can't tell you the number of times I've locked, unlocked, set off the alarm just by accident.

Happens to me with my garage door opener all the time. I'll squat down to pick something up and the garage door opens.

I have a keyed remote start. I push the lock button three times and the truck will start.
So I know it works, but today I went to Home Depot ,shut it of, got out and locked it. I went shopping and when I returned my car was nice and cool inside, and my truck was running. So I realized I did not know it started by itself.
Has anyone else seen this happen in the hot wheather.
On my 2010 it happens all the time...on my 2018 they programmed a delay into the remote so it's not so easy to start by accident. My dog goes with me everywhere so I rarely leave either truck without the engine running. On a recent absolutely beautiful day I took a fire department pickup to Fayetteville to pick up some stuff and took my dog with me. I left all four windows down and it was like 72 outside and still somebody called back to the department and complained about my leaving him in the truck. Geez!

Back