2019 TRD OFF ROAD O2 Sensor?

Kelly Mack

Bought a 2019 TRD OFF ROAD manual with 10677 miles CPO on Friday 12/4/2020. Apparently this vehicle had a new transmission installed prior to me purchasing. Check engine light came on 12/6/20 after less than 70 miles. Took to dealer Monday was told it was 02 sensor, still waiting on the part. Is this a common issue for the 19's? I've owned several Tacoma's/SR5's in the past and never an issue. Any input would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. 1st Ive heard of a bad O2 sensor at 10k miles. Hopefully replacing it will fix your light. Enjoy the Taco!

Never had an O2 sensor fail on a toyota pickup under 80k miles. My brother had one fail at under 30k on his rave4. My old 2001 4.7 tundra ate those sensors steady after 80k till all 4 were replaced.

I've only had one o2 sensor go bad and it was on my 04 4Runner that had 290k miles at the time. That being said it does happen but unlikely. I think TacoTruck has a good point as it's very possible something got bumped when replacing that transmission.

Back