Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tacoma TRD-PRO

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tundra TRD-PRO

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Jeremy Chang

Hello to all the Taco wizards,

Just join the forum today (July 6) and this is my first post so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

So I've personally been a fan of Tacoma for many many years. However, I just never had the opportunity of owning one until now. Due to COVID19 part of my family business had to be put on hold. I have three 15 passenger vans (Ford and Chevy) that I will be planning to get rid of. I will also be needing to down size our storage until business fully resume next spring. With that been said where I live I can't keep one 15 passenger van at the house. Yet new stroage spots won't have a parking space. The catch is I will still need towing capabilities from time to time to move trailers around. The heaviest trailers I currently have is 6000 lbs and even when I do need to move it it will be within the city (30miles). Other trailers range from 1500 lbs to 4800 lbs.

Does anyone have extended experience or knowledge how well V6 Taco can do all the towing? I understand Toyota indicates that the tow capacity is 6500lbs however I just want to ask owners here if anyone use there Taco for towing at least 8~12x a month and how far are your trips? I'm trying to find excuse to finally get a Taco however, I will need the towing needs from time to time. I just wasn't sure if I should just go for a V8 Tundra or F150. I hope you can tell from my question I REALLY want the "excuse" to finallyl buy a Tacoma for myself =P

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:
If you are towing 8-12x a month do yourself a favor and get the tundra or f150 v8. Spend a little more $ now and know you are good to go vs by a tacoma and have maxed out towing concerns, possibly trade and purchase issues later.

Back