2020 Tacoma will be recalled in December for fuel pump issues.

My 2018 Tundra had this recall. I’ve already had it completed. I wonder why the Tacomas are behind in the fix?

I don't think that its that tacomas are behind, my 19 tacoma has had the recall for along time however just within the last month got the notice that parts were available. I'm thinking they won't announce a recall on the 20's until Dec because that's when the 21's will be coming out. Can't sell a new vehicle that has an outstanding recall before its ever left the lot.

Damn, I don't even want to think about taking my truck to the dealership.:mad:

Q1a: Are there any symptoms/warnings of the condition?

A1a: Drivers may experience rough engine running, warning lights or messages on the instrument panel, engine no start, and loss of motive power.

Has this happened to anyone?

Last edited:
Just recieved a alert from consumer reports that my 2020 Tacoma Off road I purchased in September is being recalled in December. I'm not happy because the dealer sold me the truck knowing it had a faulty fuel pump. The truck now has 700 miles on it and cannot be trust to operate safely. Toyota has created a scam job on 2020 Tacoma buyers. To say I'm upset is a understatement.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow, would this explain why my truck surges when I put it into 4WD? It seems to pause, then kick in....very strange.

Just recieved a alert from consumer reports that my 2020 Tacoma Off road I purchased in September is being recalled in December. I'm not happy because the dealer sold me the truck knowing it had a faulty fuel pump. The truck now has 700 miles on it and cannot be trust to operate safely. Toyota has created a scam job on 2020 Tacoma buyers. To say I'm upset is a understatement.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
On the + side is you should be able to get you're pump replaced as soon as it's recalled as they already have replacement pumps. I had to wait for almost a year after my 2019 was recalled because they didn't have to fix yet.

Back