2021 Redesign?

greg8765

I know it's really early in the game, but is there anything out there yet suggesting that there will be a complete redesign in 2021?

My 16 is starting to give me some problems and I'm considering moving into a 2020, but would be willing to wait a year if there will be a full redesign.

What problems are you having already? 3 years isn't really that old... planning on keeping mine for a quite a bit longer than 3.

Hope you don't have too serious of issues.

What problems are you having already? 3 years isn't really that old... planning on keeping mine for a quite a bit longer than 3.

Hope you don't have too serious of issues.
horrible frame rust, something whines when i accelerate, head unit is ****, the list can go on and on

Wasn't there a recall on the frames for that year? I can understand the frustrations with the first gen 3s that came out everything else considered.
i was reading that over at Tacoma World, but ran my VIN through the recall checker and I have nothing...

Why don't they just galvanize dip the frames ?
Or would that be to easy of a fix .you would think it would be cheaper to set up the process, than spending 10 -15 grand per truck to swap out a frame.
They are already doing the new tundras in New England ! I got a friend at a dealership .wtf. But at least Toyota stands behind their trucks not like all the other companies whose trucks are rotting out and your sh!t outta luck .

I just got the notice in the mail the other day to bring in my '16 and have it looked at so it will be on file in their computers at Toyota ! :eek:

Or would that be to easy of a fix .you would think it would be cheaper to set up the process, than spending 10 -15 grand per truck to swap out a frame.
They are already doing the new tundras in New England ! I got a friend at a dealership .wtf. But at least Toyota stands behind their trucks not like all the other companies whose trucks are rotting out and your sh!t outta luck .

I just retired a beautiful 2007 F150 FX4 with only 120k on the clock because the frame went to crap on it and Ford does not stand behind their vehicles. That’s why I went with a Toyota.

$ up front

Back