245/75R16 Mud Terrain

CBB88

I have recently purchased a 2018 Tacoma SR access cab 2wd 4banger. And I’m wondering what the best 245/75R16 Mud Terrian is? And trying to not totally kill the mpg. And I know. Buy a Prius if I want MPG’s. But rather be off in a ditch somewhere before caught in one of those lol. The truck is my DD and I do alotta of highway driving but go to the national forest every weekend. Any recommendations on a good mud terrain. And P.S I love a loud tire!!!!!!!!! Thx

I have recently purchased a 2018 Tacoma SR access cab 2wd 4banger. And I’m wondering what the best 245/75R16 Mud Terrian is? And trying to not totally kill the mpg. And I know. Buy a Prius if I want MPG’s. But rather be off in a ditch somewhere before caught in one of those lol. The truck is my DD and I do alotta of highway driving but go to the national forest every weekend. Any recommendations on a good mud terrain. And P.S I love a loud tire!!!!!!!!! Thx

Toyo mt is the best all around mud tire

image.jpg Thank you. And the Toyo Open Country M/T 245/75R16 weighs 52lbs a piece. Which is 10lbs more per tire than the factory Hankook HT’s. Had anyone run the new buckshot mudder ii

Congrats on the new truck. I went up to 265-75/16’s on my 2017 SR5 and haven’t notice much difference. I may have lost 1 mpg all around. I get 16.5 - 18 around town and on a recent long trip that was mostly interstate I got 21-22. Both of these fluctuate a little depending on how I drive. I am running Cooper AT3’s which is not as aggressive as a mud tire, but I don’t think that would have much effect on the results.

View attachment 19458 Thank you. And the Toyo Open Country M/T 245/75R16 weighs 52lbs a piece. Which is 10lbs more per tire than the factory Hankook HT’s. Had anyone run the new buckshot mudder ii

It’s ok. If you’re running same size as stock you won’t notice much difference. It’s a solid tire and I doubt you will regret it. I’d stay with the top name brands on tires. A blow out at 70mph is no fun. Carli suspension tested a lot of tires on HD pickups, both all terrain and mud. They make off road suspension with king or fox shocks. Toyo mt is the tire of choice for them as it didn’t give them any problems. No partnership whatsoever. I haven’t been caught up with them lately but their next tire of choice was falken wildpeak at. There’s a kind of partnership there, but they say is a good tire too. Toyo mt is still king

Last edited:
Back