265x70x17

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by tacota, Mar 30, 2019.

1. tacota

tacota Member

Hi, new kid on the block... i got a 2018 SR accesses cab 2WD. I am about the pull the trigger on 17x8.5 wheels with 0 offset and 4.75 back spacing and 265x70x17 falkens...Guys at discount tire saying that I wouldn't have any rubbing problem with my stock suspension . What do you guys think ?? Also how much poke would I have?. I don't have fender flares... Thanks in advance ...

OR17TRD and texasred like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

tacota, OR17TRD and texasred like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

B-Man and tacota like this.
  5. OR17TRD

About 1.2” of poke over stock. It might rub some on the wheel well at full lock. If you have mud flaps on the front they might rub. Taking them off should fix it if it does. You might not have any rubbing.
    When you get it set up we want pictures and let us know how it works.

SomeDirtyCuban and tacota like this.
  6. OP
    tacota

tacota Member

This is not my truck, this truck got 8inch wheels with o offset and 265s..I like what I see. With 8.5 wheels and 0 offset another half inch out?...
    IMG_20190228_170837.jpg this

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

1/4” maybe. 0.5” is total width.

tacota likes this.
  8. OP
    tacota

tacota Member

Thanks,.. I was gonna go with 17x8 0 offset but last minute i decide to go with 17x8.5 0 offset, because I don't know s@#t about this subject I am kind of freaking out. Without the fender flares do you think it would be too aggressive ?

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

Should be fine. You can always add fender flares.

tacota likes this.
  10. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

Dont do what I did with my other truck, I traded 15 inch rims with 32's for 17 inch rims with 315 70 17's. Never never again.

B-Man likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

:eek:

B-Man likes this.