285s ?

shotgun73

I have a 2016 trd sport 4 door with long bed. I have a 2 level kit on front with add a leaf on rear. I am still riding on 17 stock rims with 265/70/17.
I have bugged my wife enough now about getting some black rims that have some offset to give a wider stance. I am looking at Fuel rims (Vapor)
I need an opinion on wither I get 17 x 9 or 18 x 9 .. also when I went to discount tire today they were telling I need a 20 positive offset. and they said I could
fit 285/70/17 obviously on the 17 rim. They said there would not be any rubbing or modification to make them fit.

Well a couple of points to consider.

1.) a lift does not increase clearance for the tire to turn inside the wheel well. Horizontal distance stays the same. Vertical distance will increase.
2.) IIRC, stock rims have +30 offset. Meaning a +20 offset will shift the tire about 0.75 inch. (Horizontal distance)
3.) The sidewall height will increase roughly 0.75 inch (vertical distance)

The best way is to verify fit. Ask Discount Tire to mount a 268/70-17 on a rim with a +20 offset. Mount it on the front. Turn the wheels lock to lock with the truck on the ground. They should be willing to do this simple task. They have a $2000+ sale on the line.

Remember, salesman will always try to make a sale. Their words may or may not be correct.

Well a couple of points to consider.

1.) a lift does not increase clearance for the tire to turn inside the wheel well. Horizontal distance stays the same. Vertical distance will increase.

2.) IIRC, stock rims have +30 offset. Meaning a +20 offset will shift the tire about 0.75 inch. (Horizontal distance)

3.) The sidewall height will increase roughly 0.75 inch (vertical distance)

The best way is to verify fit. Ask Discount Tire to mount a 268/70-17 on a rim with a +20 offset. Mount it on the front. Turn the wheels lock to lock with the truck on the ground. They should be willing to do this simple task. They have a $2000+ sale on the line.

Remember, salesman will always try to make a sale. Their words may or may not be correct.

Great advice.

Back