2in. spacer lift

TacoJoe11

Im going to be purchasing a 2 1/2in spacer lift kit from Daystar. It comes with the coil spring spacers for the front and a block kit in the back. The kit also includes scorpion shocks to replace the stock shocks. Should I consider a better shock upgrade or has anyone ever used these on their truck?

if you are getting a different / better shock I would ditch the spacer lift and get a c/o lift.

Always go for the shocks. Spacers can cause issues in the long run and shocks aren't that expensive. I believe you can walk away with 5100s for about $300.

Spacers = junk

I highly recommend the 5100's. I did consider doing spacers myself just because I got impatient trying to save the money for leveling/lifting. But After a lot of research I realized it doesn't cost that much more for the 5100's and the install, unless you're doing it yourself, cost the same anyway.

I can't speak for the ride of the spacer lift but I've had my 5100's for a couple of months now along with the rear leaf tsb (aal) and love the ride! I was worried it would ride too rough but it's actually better. It may be just a touch stiffer but in a good way, less body roll and just feels tighter. I love my set up.

With that said I'm at 1.75. If you go 2.5 I can't say but have heard it does ride rough.

Also I don't know if you have an SR5 or TRD Off Road? I believe the SR5 has the same coils as my sport. The Off Roads have a progressive coil which does ride rougher with 5100's so I hear.

As everyone else said.... NO SPACERS!

You'll regret it when the ride quality is crap, and down the road it causes more problems. My vote is for 5100's to be cost efficient, achieve a small lift/level, and maintain or possibly improve ride quality. Best $330 I ever spent on my truck!

Yeah, I talked with Peter from ACC Toyota yesterday and he was able to land the first Iron Man lift for Tacomas and said he went with spacer before and it rode like a wagon.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll consider the 5100's, I have read a lot about them and they should do just fine for what i need. Will I need to replace my existing springs, or will the stock sr5 springs be fine with the added 1.5 or 2 in.?

I'm running my stock coils (same as yours) and have my 5100's set at 1.75" she it ride so sweet! Way smoother than stock. It was worth every penny. And now it sits perfectly level and looks great

Sweet thanks for the feedback. I should be throwing this together soon as I get some cash to burn, Ill take some before and after pics too.

Anyone know if adding 5100s (or any other aftermarket lift parts) voids powertrain or bumper-to-bumper warranty from Toyota?

Anybody know what part number of the bilstein 5100's that they are running? I'm very new to suspension upgrades and not sure which one would be the best fit. I found numerous 5100's online bilstein's website and Im not sure which will do for my 2in lift (1.5in. at the least)

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/setting=5100 Series (Ride Height Adjustable)

Order from DSM.

Anyone know if adding 5100s (or any other aftermarket lift parts) voids powertrain or bumper-to-bumper warranty from Toyota?

No mod will void warranty unless the mod is proven to cause an OEM part to fail and if that happens the warranty on the part is void not the whole vehicle.

If you were to want to lift for relatively low cost, but still quality, what's best option? TRD Sport here. Sorry for so many "dumb" questions --- new to the truck world.

As mentioned already, 5100s. This won't give you a rear lift though. For the rear you could go with an AAL or a block. AALs sometimes stiffen the ride and blocks cause more axle wrap.

After much thought I have decided to go with Bilstein 5100 all around. I was thinking about ready lift front spacers and aal in the rear for a 3" lift & level but at the installed price I can get with discount $462.20 + tax. I believe the shocks would be a better deal around $300 some plus a lifetime warranty. I'll check DSM for a price and then my contact at Chux Trux and see what they run. I understand TW members get a discount at DSM so will call and see which is cheaper. I can get a discount at Chux Trux and they will probably do the front install while I can do the rear.

When going with the 5100's just for leveling is it necessary to do the differential drop kit as well?

Back