2in. spacer lift

The front on my 01 Tacoma has fell down over time. Will this 5100 restore the ride height? Do you just move the spring cup on the shock body?

Well I put what was supposed to be OEM replacement coils and shocks on it about a yr ago now. It did not solve the problem. It will still hit the stops on even mild bumps and the rake on the truck is at least 2.5" lower from the front to rear.

History, the original bilstiens went bad years ago. Put a set of ranchos front and rear using original front coils. Last fall I was past the point of tolerating the front suspension bottoming out so put the new shock/coil units on, even though it didn't really restore ride height because the shocks were new it didn't constantly hit the rubber snubbers. Any ideas are welcome.

A lift will bring the truck and away from the bump stops but you lose downtravel. Another idea might be softer bump stops to replace the stock rock bumps.

How fast are you going over these bumps?

Talked to tech person at a suspension vender and they said to use my springs with the adj. 5100's. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

A lift will bring the truck and away from the bump stops but you lose downtravel. Another idea might be softer bump stops to replace the stock rock bumps.

How fast are you going over these bumps?

Not really fast I'm talking pulling off the main drag into Walmart or McDonalds driveway! Its not cool at all.

Back