2wd off road

tmmccarty1

How far will my stock 2wd tacoma take me? Will it make it on OHV trails? I have 31 inch BFG all terrains and 1 and 1/2 inch wheel spacers.

It really all depends on the terrain. All OHV trails are different. Do some research on the trail itself. What's the rating? Are there offshoots?

Last edited:
^^^
This

you can still have fun with 2wd if you're smart, and if you're on the appropriate trail

Also never hurts to wheel with a bud just in case

I'm often on a construction site. I got 4wd because of the blizzards. I'd get stuck without it.

But ... the main issue for me is ground clearance. When I have to drive on roads with ruts and rocks, then the ground clearance is what keeps me going. I also like how the Tacoma doesn't have a lot of stuff hanging below the differential like a lot of so-called off-road vehicles. It's pretty cool!

I need the ground clearance very often.

I need the 4wd maybe 5 minutes a day for maybe 5 days a year when it's snowing really bad and I have to drive up an unplowed driveway or up a hill on an unplowed back road.

The tires and the traction control are important too.

If you have the tires, traction control, and ground clearance then you can do everything that I do, except for maybe 5 days a year.

I don't have enough experience to say anything about deep mud, loose rock and sand, etc.

I'm often on a construction site. I got 4wd because of the blizzards. I'd get stuck without it.

But ... the main issue for me is ground clearance. When I have to drive on roads with ruts and rocks, then the ground clearance is what keeps me going. I also like how the Tacoma doesn't have a lot of stuff hanging below the differential like a lot of so-called off-road vehicles. It's pretty cool!

I need the ground clearance very often.

I need the 4wd maybe 5 minutes a day for maybe 5 days a year when it's snowing really bad and I have to drive up an unplowed driveway or up a hill on an unplowed back road.

The tires and the traction control are important too.

If you have the tires, traction control, and ground clearance then you can do everything that I do, except for maybe 5 days a year.

I don't have enough experience to say anything about deep mud, loose rock and sand, etc.
I would stay away from mud in 2wd, find some sugar sand so if your stuck you can just fig out n put a piece of wood under your tire

Back