2wd off-roading

Anybody been off roading in a 2wd? My taco is a 2wd but has a decent lift to it
My 2wd does great in the desert. I even have road tires on my taco and it held out. Best thing to do for 2wd tacos is tires, lockers, winch, and have a buddy.

You can use your 2wd off the road but know its limitations. Having more aggressive tires and locker can help. Go with friends so that there's someone who will help you in case you get stuck.

There is a road out here in the Sierra. Forestdale Divide. In the summer with no snow I would try it if you had enough clearance. Locker would be nice ...and another truck.

Hows low is safe to air tyres?
When I lived near Pismo Beach, I would air down to 5 to 10 psi, no rocks to worry about. My 2wd regular cab was only 3000 lb, so the 30" tires floated very well. I used to tow strap snatch a 4wd suburban out. Never threw a bead even when really spinning the tires. Good comment on having a winch. I was poor, so only had a comealong and boat anchor. Needed it if I stopped in the really soft stuff.

Anybody been off roading in a 2wd? My taco is a 2wd but has a decent lift to it
Is your taco a 4cyl or 6? I was wondering how is perfoms with a lift if its a 4cyl mine is a 4cylinder and i really want to lift it but im not sure if it will be able to handle it well.

Is your taco a 4cyl or 6? I was wondering how is perfoms with a lift if its a 4cyl mine is a 4cylinder and i really want to lift it but im not sure if it will be able to handle it well.
Whats to handle?
the lift should be shrugged off... its a truck

Now, what kills performance are massive over rated tires and rims. by over rated tires, i mean crap like 8ply big fuggers. unless jagged rocks are an obstacle, theres no need for 8ply.

The payload capacity of these trucks will never need an 8ply.

Whats to handle?
the lift should be shrugged off... its a truck

Now, what kills performance are massive over rated tires and rims. by over rated tires, i mean crap like 8ply big fuggers. unless jagged rocks are an obstacle, theres no need for 8ply.

The payload capacity of these trucks will never need an 8ply.
And 8 ply cost more.

Back