3 inch lift

I ran a RC 4" lift with uniball UCAs, the lift road so terrible I took it all off and went back to stock. But the uniball UCAs are good for the preload of the suspension if you do. I kept those.
I strongly recommend that you don't run a spacer lift, but if you do, I strongly recommend that you get the uniball UCAs.

Haha okay guys just asking I don’t anything about these things and I wanted to lift it because I’m going on a off road trip soon

Haha okay guys just asking I don’t anything about these things and I wanted to lift it because I’m going on a off road trip soon
Fair enough, nothing wrong with reaching out to learn more. That said, if you're going OffRoading, I absolutely 100% without a doubt DO NOT recommend putting a spacer lift on. Even if something doesn't break, you'll HATE the lack of travel. This is coming from someone that rode a RC 4" spacer lift OffRoad. Dunno what hurt more; the pain I felt for my trucks suspension at every bump, or my teeth chattering at every bump. I went back to stock the next weekend.

Hey man that's not really helpful, there are spacer lifts there as well.

What I think Crawdad is trying to say is that it's a much better idea to save a bit more money and lift it with entry-level suspension parts such as Bilstein 5100s, OME coils, and an AAL. You can find them relatively cheap online in places such as Bilsteinlifts.com or headstrongoffroad.com.

It will do just fine as is. Your ground clearance isn't going to increase because of the lift. Larger tires will increase it.

Last edited:
Hey man that's not really helpful, there are spacer lifts there as well.

What I think Crawdad is trying to say is that it's a much better idea to save a bit more money and lift it with entry-level suspension parts such as Bilstein 5100s, OME coils, and an AAL. You can find them relatively cheap online in places such as Bilsteinlifts.com or headstrongoffroad.com.
Yeah, guess I should have clarified but thought I was clear since spacers had already been shot down. But yes, you smelled what I was stepping in. There are perfectly good suspension setups for not much more than a spacer lift that will cause a lot less heartache and regret in the near future. On the other hand, just like Nancy was saying, a pure stock Tacoma is very capable off road especially if you have a locker. I would prefer a stock setup Taco over a Junk Country lifted Taco to be honest.

$400 DYI or $600 at a shop you can get a revtek Pro 40013 spacer kit installed but like everyone is saying the ride will be blah. For about $600 DIY or $850 in shop you can get the bilstein 5100’s and an AAL in back the ride and travel will be better. For about $1300 you can do new OME coils and shocks and a progressive AAL for an even better ride. You’ll need at least 2” of lift to fit tires of 275 or 285 which need wheel well mods. The 285 will give you a little more than 1” ground clearance. You’ll need aftermarket wheels with a 0 or -6 offset and they will rub at full lock with out wheel well mod or CMC.

How about the Tuff Country easy ride 4 inch lift for only $700. You get shocks and upper control arms.
Little extra cash but won’t ruin your present suspension. Those cheap spacer lifts cause havoc CV boots, struts everything. $300 savings cost you about $1,800 down the road. I know it happened on my 05

Back