3 inch lift

Also remember the golden rule: if you lift more than 3" you should do a diff drop. Someone correct me if that mentality has changed.

Also remember the golden rule: if you lift more than 3" you should do a diff drop. Someone correct me if that mentality has changed.

You shouldn't use the diff drop because they don't do anything. Over 3 inches of lift on a 4wd needs a drop bracket lift which is a big diff drop but there's engineering to it however you reduce ground clearance and you have to cut the OEM from crossmember.

How about the Tuff Country easy ride 4 inch lift for only $700. You get shocks and upper control arms.
Little extra cash but won’t ruin your present suspension. Those cheap spacer lifts cause havoc CV boots, struts everything. $300 savings cost you about $1,800 down the road. I know it happened on my 05

This kit uses spacers. Anything with "Country" in the name should be avoided at all costs.

Also anything over 2.5” and especially 3” new UCA are recommended to get a good alignment.

Yes I agree. Although the Tuff Country has an upper and lower spacer it seems they were trying to address the angle issue which years the CV bots and causes problems later on
I guess you get what you pay for.

Yep that’s the one
That's a little bit better than the regular ol bolt on spacer kit. It still uses a bolt on spacer, but smaller, along with a preload spacer, must disassemble strut to install. The shocks in the pic are for the rear, they're fine, I personally do not like lifting the rear with blocks. Upper A arms are good. I've heard not so great reviews about similar lifts. In my opinion there are still better setups for the ~$1,000 range with all 4 shocks, front coils and an add-a-leaf. There's my two pennies. Haha

Back