3rd gen windshield replacement

Taco Slinger 4000

caught a pebble going 70 on 95 north. Small hit that turned into three cracks bigger than a dollar bill. Made an appointment with safelite. Apparently they have replaced a ton of third gen tacoma windshields bc of new multi-layered glass which is better acoustically but also thinner somehow. Anyway just a heads up to any third gen people driving on the highway.

caught a pebble going 70 on 95 north. Small hit that turned into three cracks bigger than a dollar bill. Made an appointment with safelite. Apparently they have replaced a ton of third gen tacoma windshields bc of new multi-layered glass which is better acoustically but also thinner somehow. Anyway just a heads up to any third gen people driving on the highway.

I have a small chip in mine. It hasn’t spread out yet. Multilayered glass..... may be time for a replacement.

It’s fine until it’s not...:(

Will it make you feel better if I get the crack filled?
I’ll do it first thing in the morning after work. (Actually I won’t but if it makes you feel better just tell yourself that). Lol

Will it make you feel better if I get the crack filled?
I’ll do it first thing in the morning after work. (Actually I won’t but if it makes you feel better just tell yourself that). Lol
It’s your window your money. Haha

I know from experience that fixing a chip is better than not fixing it. It’s cheap to fix. The fix will prevent it from cracking. A good reputable window chip repair guy will guarantee their work and warranty it. Something for anyone with a chipped window to seriously consider before it cracks out and costs 10x as much.

I know from experience that fixing a chip is better than not fixing it. It’s cheap to fix. The fix will prevent it from cracking. A good reputable window chip repair guy will guarantee their work and warranty it. Something for anyone with a chipped window to seriously consider before it cracks out and costs 10x as much.

I know. I’ve patched chipped windshields before.

Back