4 lo beeping

You aren't in 4 low. Shift into high when moving under 65 mph but let off the throttle to make the shift easy. Stop, push the clutch (manual) or select neutral (auto) and then shift into low. Any beeping means you did something wrong.

Shift into high before low because shifting directly will cause beeping 99% of the time.

Ill post a video i do just that and still beeps but the indicator on dash isnt blinking like it does when 4wd isnt engaged

Are you shifting it will in gear? I had the same thing happening...all you gotta do is have it in park or neutral and it should go into 4wd lo

Got it i had the clutch down but not the last half inch or so in once i did that it worked thanks everyone

I tried everything mentioned and it still won't go into low range. Could it be a faulty vacuum system or diaphragm?

Yes, I am. Went up a sand hill and got so far until it started to lug. I decided I needed a lower gear so I tried to put it into low. It beeps and flashes and the front tires are still engaged but it doesn't go down to a lower gear. I used to play with old school muscle cars but I am not familiar with the new electronics of today so please start from the simplest terms and I'll try to follow along. Hmmm... How does a person get his hands on one of those factory repair manuals?

Yes, I am. Went up a sand hill and got so far until it started to lug. I decided I needed a lower gear so I tried to put it into low. It beeps and flashes and the front tires are still engaged but it doesn't go down to a lower gear. I used to play with old school muscle cars but I am not familiar with the new electronics of today so please start from the simplest terms and I'll try to follow along. Hmmm... How does a person get his hands on one of those factory repair manuals?

4L can only be activated while setting still with main gear shift in neutral. Beeping is normal on 2nd Gen Taco.

Well, new problem guys. Was driving today and felt something strange when I pressed in the clutch. Next thing you know, I have no clutch. I needed to turn of the engine, put it in 1st gear, press the clutch all the way to the floor and start the engine. I had to shift through the gears without the clutch while praying I wouldn't run into any red lights. I changed a few clutches in the past. Anything special I should know about completing this task on my 2005 4cyl. Tacoma?

Back