5mph

Rojoe123

I just on a stick that I'm not to drive over "5" mph with the differentials engaged.

How true is that? I have a new off road edition. Thanks ahead of time

Rojoe

How ya doing Rojoe?? I got stuck in the snow with the crappy dealer tires our trucks come with. Ran the speedo up to 15 mph and wondered the same thing. Only had it there for a moment but the locker was engaged.

I've been up to about 80mph on desert roads with the rear locked. No issues. Steering is affected which is why Toyota warns about high speeds.

Its just toyotas attorneys requir3d sticker to keep ppl from killing themselves. Locked trucks steer much differently. Thats it.
Instead of the inner rear wheel spinning faster around a corner and aiding to the turn, the entire rear end just pushes the front around more.

Drive it slower locked, get a feel for the turning aspect being locked. Then increase mph from there.

Just dont lock on hard surfaces... def dont want to lock onroad and turn, thats gunna spit out seals.

Also, the 5mph thing..... engage it and disengage it stopped and drive slow (5mph) while turning wheel back and forth till it locks or unlocks. Then drive whatever speed u want.

Back