6 inch lift on 2.7l

Austinfrye12

I'm 15 and getting my license soon..My dad has a 2.7 l single cab 4x4 02 Tacoma that will be mine..Will the engine be able to handle the 6 inch lift and maybe 32 inch tires?

I'm 15 and getting my license soon..My dad has a 2.7 l single cab 4x4 02 Tacoma that will be mine..Will the engine be able to handle the 6 inch lift and maybe 32 inch tires?
You are asking a lot out of a little motor. The 2.7 doesn't produce much power but will certainly spin the tires. Don't expect it to throw mud and if it is standard be ready to replace the clutch.
Best of luck

Unfortunately, minor upgrades don't accomplish much. Go to TW and check out Tooter's 5 lug thread. He's had some good results. Don't have personal experience, but from my time spent here and on TW, cold air intakes and computer chips seem to be a waste of time.

Its been totaled and rebuilt so I probably couldn't get much out of selling it. Also its been passed from my dad's dad to him and now to me ..So its sentimental

TRD installed $5,0000
Just do a K&N air intake
Cheapo cat back exhaust
3" lift and 33" would work fine
I had 33" tires on my 1989 with the 2.4 in it.

What are some good S/C at a decent price? what all is involved in getting a supercharger??
Mine was $4800 install and out the door. You can shop around but from what I saw you would be looking at 3k-3500. But remember you could add some real nice HP. 200+. More if you add a full exhaust system from headers on back. Look into Jet chip as well.

Yes I work on our family farm and can make a couple thousand in a summer or 2
You don't have to go with a S/C. Like silverpataco said. K&N, exhaust and maybe a Jet chip. You can do pretty good with a set up like that. And being young you'll need extra $$ for gas. Lol. Look around on here at some other members builds and see what they are running for setups. Good luck. Keeps us posted on your mods. Any questions just ask. We will try to help out.

Back