9 in after Market(Kufine) system upgrade

mytaco2010

Has anyone done this upgrade or similar. I am replacing my factory radio with a 9-in 16 double din after market unit from Kufine. It did not come with
a mounting bracket for the easy pop out and pop in clock/hazard panel so I believe I have to do it the hard and remove the complete
clock/hazard with the bracket it sits in on the original dash face. How do I do that without tearing all the components apart lol
Thx

First, Welcome to the forum!!!

I guess I'm the car stereo guru around here, just installed one the other day in my '09. I am going to assume your radio is going into a 2010, so here is my thoughts on installing your Kunfine double-din radio. Save yourself the headache of trying to whatever to the panel and get the kit from Metra. It is Metra kit #95-8214G, under $25. I got mine from Crutchfield, Click ME!!! It will make your install look pretty.

Next, you will want something to make it easy to plug all the wires from your Taco to your radio. Walmart has some options for wiring, I would suggest this route so you don't cut up your harness, plus you can sit in comfort and just splice the radio harness to the aftermarket harness, Like this.

Lastly, if you want to keep your steering wheel radio controls, I am assuming your truck has them, if not disregard, you will need something similar to this, Click Me!

Hi Ragna the Redneck
Thank you for the quick response. I have already bought the 9-in radio mounted on face plate like the Metra kit you suggested. I am waiting on the CANBus power cable Hikity will send to see if it fits. The CanBus interfaces with the original JBL system and they say it should work. The only wiring required will be the add on back up camera as my 2010 came with a rear view mirror reversing camera.
If it don't work then I'll will check out the Crux unit you suggested
Thanks a bunch. Happy Tacos lol

To add the backup camera will take a little more creative wiring than what is supplied. The connections for the camera are behind the little storage bin to the left of the steering wheel. It is on a fuse panel, a 4-wire connector. You don't want to splice into the wire as it will degrade video performance. I'm leaving for vacay this afternoon, and be back at the end of the week, I haven't installed mine yet, but will next weekend, and will be able to give a parts listing and how to do this to get the best video quality.

There is another path to simplify the wiring. Crutchfield can make an interface harness to jump between the radio and the truck's wiring with a plug-n-play set up.

Nevermind. I was assuming you had not purchased your unit. Thought you were still in the decision phase. Crutchfield has all the doodads to make install nearly a plug-n-play.

Back