A/C recharge kit

I take my truck to an automotive AC guy once a year, as he puts it, you service your house AC once a year, why any different for your vehicles... An to be honest, I completely agree with him

Mine (2009 Tacoma) has been showing almost a full charge and still is blowing warm air??? A youtuber "ChrisFix" covers AC compressor replacement??? Anyone having problems with their AC??

I take my truck to an automotive AC guy once a year, as he puts it, you service your house AC once a year, why any different for your vehicles... An to be honest, I completely agree with him
No need to service it once a year. If you have to that often you have a leak and the guy is taking your money. Refrigerant doesn't go bad. If it's blowing hot it's because there's a leak.

I was thinking I had a leak. However, I noticed that my AC compressor clutch does not engage??

No need to service it once a year. If you have to that often you have a leak and the guy is taking your money. Refrigerant doesn't go bad. If it's blowing hot it's because there's a leak.

My AC has never blown hot, have never had any leaks in it either, I just take it to him for a simple check, that's all... For 10 bucks a year, it's worth it to me...

Yeah... This might be above my ability:( The installation of the AC compressor looks very easy??... just four bolts!!

Well... The compressor makes a nasty noise even when the defroster is engaged. I'll take it to a local shop ans run some tests.
I think I can handle a compressor job..... ChrisFix makes it look easy. Probably tackle this job in a week or two.

I can get a salvage yard compressor for 120 or just under 200 for a new one from rockauto.

Well... The compressor makes a nasty noise even when the defroster is engaged. I'll take it to a local shop ans run some tests.
I think I can handle a compressor job..... ChrisFix makes it look easy. Probably tackle this job in a week or two.

I can get a salvage yard compressor for 120 or just under 200 for a new one from rockauto.
I'd order a new one. Would suck to get the used one in and have problems with it. At least the new one should have some type of warranty.

Yes... For the $$$ difference, I'm thinking just get a new compressor. I'm wondering if I should also replace the evaporator?? I read on-line that junk from a bad compressor can get stuck in this part and take out a new compressor??? The only problem... This part is tucked way in the dash and might be a hassle to service??? Anyone do this repair????...other than ChrisFix (compressor only)???

However, Before I drop cash on parts, I'll have a local repair shop take a look at the problem.

Well...
A buddy of mine that works on AC repairs said I needed a compressor. Just made the repair. AC is working great!!!
Special thanks to Chrisfix on youtube!!!

Yes... This video is really good in showing how to make this repair. Looks like the job is pretty easy for both the 4cyl. and 6cyl. Tacomas. The key is to have access to the gauges and vac pump. I rented mine free at Autozone. You could also purchase these tools at Harbor Freight.

Back