A solid leveling kit

I'm new to forums and figured I'd give this a shot. I have a 2010 Tacoma Double Cab short bed 4X4 TRD off road. I want to level it and put bigger tires on. After quite a bit of research this is what I've come up with. Bilstein 5100's all the way around, Total Chaos UCA, 1.5" add a leaf in the back, 1.5" wheel spacer with stock rims wrapped in 285/75/16. Does anyone else have this set up or something close to it? Where is the best place for prices? The best I've found was toytechlift.com. Any help and/or advice would be great.

Uppers are not needed for leveling. If you lift 3 inches then you need them. Check out Downsouth Motorsports. 285s will not fit unless you lift 3 inches and cut stuff.

Last edited:
Leveling kits raise the front of the truck so that it sits level with the stock rear. You want to lift the whole truck so you are looking for a lift kit. You said level kit so I said no uppers needed for a level kit.

I believe the Billys will give you the 3 inch lift you want in the front but I'm not 100% familiar with the lift they give.

Realistically I think they give you 2.5 upfront, I have them on my truck right now all the way around, as well as a 2in AAl. You won't need uppers.

No it won't hurt at all, actually it would benefit you, but I can assure you that you don't need them, your truck will be perfectly fine without them. But it would help if you got them.

Back