ABS traction control Problem

Scuzzy

I am having a weird problem with the ABS. Under hard cornering, the traction control is grabbing the outside brake and applying it, flashing the traction control light. And it happens in either leafy or right turn. Now I drive my truck hard in the corners, but I fear one day this may cause a crash, so yes I am slowing down, but it does it off road as well as on. Any suggestions?

A VSC reset may help. Lifting your truck changed the handling parameters the ECU sees so resetting it will force it to learn the new parameters. It doesn't always work though.

Whipper, what is the best way to reset? Not ashamed to admit, I am not an electronics guy...lol

Nope. Simplest fix in the world...disconnect the front 2 sensors. No more problem. I plug them in when I am on the street and disconnect when I leave the pavement. I was working on a switch, but got too busy with my kids truck build.

Nope. Simplest fix in the world...disconnect the front 2 sensors. No more problem. I plug them in when I am on the street and disconnect when I leave the pavement. I was working on a switch, but got too busy with my kids truck build.
Mine is even doing the whole traction control thing even on dry pavement when cornering hard. It’s extremely annoying. May have to have my calibrated or something I guess.

Mine was doing that on dry pavement as well. Turns out, the drivers side front sensor wire was stretched hand had a sweet spot in the suspension cycle where it stopped making contact. New wire cured that.

Fairly common issue for people who lift the truck without disconnecting the wire. They pull it apart and stretch it rather than disconnect.

Mine was doing that on dry pavement as well. Turns out, the drivers side front sensor wire was stretched hand had a sweet spot in the suspension cycle where it stopped making contact. New wire cured that.

Fairly common issue for people who lift the truck without disconnecting the wire. They pull it apart and stretch it rather than disconnect.
Nice! How did you figure out which wire was stretched (L or R)

Drivers tire kept braking, so I changed the wire on that side...lol...totally random guess. Scared the **** out of me when cornering on dry pavement. Then when I was drifting on a dirt road the abs kept flipping the traction control on at 30 mph...always locked/cycled the drivers front...pissed me off. I am an old desert racer and tow truck driver, so you can see why I wanted it gone. Just played with the truck and figured it out. Quite a few guys and gals on here helped with suggestions.

Drivers tire kept braking, so I changed the wire on that side...lol...totally random guess. Scared the **** out of me when cornering on dry pavement. Then when I was drifting on a dirt road the abs kept flipping the traction control on at 30 mph...always locked/cycled the drivers front...pissed me off. I am an old desert racer and tow truck driver, so you can see why I wanted it gone. Just played with the truck and figured it out. Quite a few guys and gals on here helped with suggestions.
5051C74D-CEE9-4234-8842-38EB205F3CC6.gif

Alright thanks for the help man. My issue is on the drivers side too so I’ll try that

Back