abs warning lite

Linker

I back to trying to fix my abs brakes. The warning lite is on and no abs brakes. It is a 1998 toyota Prerunner. Does anyone have the diagram and index for the pin connector to the ABS ECU?

My abs light has been going on and off for over a year now. Doesn't concern me because I don't like have the abs on anyway. By from the research I have done I found it is most likely a speed sensor. There is one one each wheel. They are not a cheap sensor and most likely the dealer will have to read the codes to find out which one it is. So I'm just letting mine do as it does. Like I said I don't like abs anyway.

I actually removed my ABS fuse so the ABS doesn't work. It's drives so much better (IMO). The light is constantly on and it's doesn't bother me.

I had that problem too. All he did was remove the sensor and clean inside the hole. It worked.

How did he clean the inside of the spread sensor hole? I removed the sensors and cleaned them. But I was afraid to clean the inside because there appeared to be oil in there. It was clean and looked like it was suppose to be there so I didn't want to clean out all the oil it its suppose to be there. I didn't know.

Not sure. It may be grease to keep it from rusting inside. Maybe have to contact a shop and ask. My 22 year old nephew did it, but haven't seen him in over a year to ask him. Sorry. I had a mechanic mess with it and he couldn't fix it. This kid fixed it all by himself! I guess they do tend to get stuck in the hole with all the road dirt. I wish I could be more help to you.

Back