AC problems with my 2009 Tacoma

BigMau

I have noticed that my AC has started blowing hot air. Also, the AC light on the console has been blinking (on/off) and now it stays on?? I checked the refrigerant and it seems full w/o any leaks?? I noticed that the AC clutch does not engage?? Anyone have a similar problem with their 2009 Tacoma??

Update...
Replaced compressor and recharged the AC system. Followed this youtuber Chrisfix..
Now my AC in ice cold!!

Update...
If you are having AC problems and your compressor goes bad... check your fan clutch. The fan clutch on my 2.7l engine would spin with ease when hot or cold. The AC had to work really hard in city driving and once on the highway it would get ice cold. Seems like the fan clutch took out my compressor???

I noticed that with my fan last summer thanks for the tip I will address this issue soon. I need to keep my truck 6 more years! That's projected for daughter to graduate college. I'm gonna be jonesen for a new taco way b4 that!

Glad the tip helped ggiusto. If you live in an area that salts the roads, make sure you keep the underside clean. Tacoma and Tundra frames can rust quickly!!

Right on! I live far south Chicago burbs. Toyota sprayed frame 3 years ago and last year they put new leafs on. I need new head light buckets they are cracked I'm gonna pull trigger soon. Any pointers? I really cannot spring for OEM! I have had decent luck on eBay but I'm over do for a strike out! Thanks again!

I'm having a problem now with my AC, where it only blows on hi speed. Did this a year ago and then I hit a good bump in the road, and it started working again. Any idea's as to what's causing this?

Back