Add a camera to Entune display?

Lol. Not even close. They are like comparing apples to oranges. The odyssey is a mini van. Where as you know whisky are the biggest problem on the roads. Why. Because most people who drive them can't drive at all. I'm not saying that's the case with you since I know that you drive for a living just like I do.

Minivans are bad for sure, but the worst is the self-important duchebags driving 400bhp sedans with no more knowledge of vehicle dynamics than the blondes in the minivans. Check that, the worst are the wannabee bikers. Friggin middle aged twits whose mothers never let them have a bike finally go out and buy a $30,000.00 800# two wheel Winnebago, half the time with trailers, and they have no idea of how to ride. There speed is like a sign wave, up and down, no matter what you do you end up tailgating them and they always speed up when you pass them. They make no effort to control the space around them, they don't put their feet on the pegs until they are in 3rd gear, they **** around with navigation systems and hit the rumble strips on the fog line, drives me nuts.

Minivans are bad for sure, but the worst is the self-important duchebags driving 400bhp sedans with no more knowledge of vehicle dynamics than the blondes in the minivans. Check that, the worst are the wannabee bikers. Friggin middle aged twits whose mothers never let them have a bike finally go out and buy a $30,000.00 800# two wheel Winnebago, half the time with trailers, and they have no idea of how to ride. There speed is like a sign wave, up and down, no matter what you do you end up tailgating them and they always speed up when you pass them. They make no effort to control the space around them, they don't put their feet on the pegs until they are in 3rd gear, they **** around with navigation systems and hit the rumble strips on the fog line, drives me nuts.
Lmao. You sound like me. Love it when I get in the middle lane to pass and yup they speed up. Oh no. Can't let the big truck pass me. I had a state boy pass me today and out of no where he got in front of me to pull someone over. Had to lock her down. I was pissed. I grabbed the mic and cussed his ass out. I know her heard me to. Cuz when I went by he looked up at me. The joys of summertime traffic mixed in with construction. Watched a covered wagon put a pickup truck in the ditch today as well. I was glad to get home. Ok. Well we got off subject on this thread. Let everyone else get a kick out of these stories.

Finally got to this -- added 3 cameras today, patched through the Entune display through a bank of relays. Here's the electrical schematic, I started with. There were a few minor alterations along the way...
scan0003-jpg.761915

There are two switches added. One is the on/off which trips a relay to power the cameras, trips a relay to put 12 volts to the HU to toggle to camera display, and also provides power to a 6-position selector switch that triggers a relay bank to pick the desired camera to display. You will note that the backup camera runs through a NC on relay 1 which cuts out if the on/off switch is off to make sure that putting the truck in reverse, you get the backup camera.
dscn0115-jpg.761919
The cameras I added are one on the front looking pretty much down.
dscn0108-2-jpg.761916

dscn0116-jpg.761926

One near the transfer case looking forward towards the bottom of the skid plate, and also the lower control arms.
dscn0114-jpg.761917

dscn0118-jpg.761927

And the third is near the second, but looks backwards, with a mirror image.
dscn0113-jpg.761918

dscn0119-jpg.761928

Of course, I still have the backup camera as a selection, and I have everything in place to add up to two more cameras if ever I desire. I might use one of them to connect to an RCA jack so you could route any video feed you desire to the unit.

I took it for a short off-road spin and having the views of what's going on in front and underneath is fantastic!

I've hit so many deer driving for the last 30 years! I know as soon as I hooked up the front camera,bam broadside! Looks like you did a Great job with all of the install work!

I've hit so many deer driving for the last 30 years! I know as soon as I hooked up the front camera,bam broadside! Looks like you did a Great job with all of the install work!
Could be used to see the final expression on the deers face before WHAM!! Lol . Then tag it and stick the meat in the freezah

First use of the cameras is to log the issue with the needle bearing of the left cv shaft differential joint. I'm starting to think I need to add a dvr. (By the way, I took this mud wallowing and two of the three "waterproof" cameras had small leaks. They're sealed now!)

I know I'm late to this, but this is brilliant and answers most every question I have about creating this set-up.

What did you use for the relay bank and the cameras? And where did you source them?

Thanks

Back