aFe drop-in Pro Dry S air filter for gen3

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by OR17TRD, Aug 30, 2017.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I like the fact that it’s a dry reusable filter. Eliminates all the oiling issues we’ve seen on threads from the K&N.
    Did you get one yet? I’d love a real world gen three Tacoma review before I pull the trigger on one.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. OP
    OR17TRD

Just put it in tonight. Haven't even started the engine with it yet. Amazon warehouse has one left for $58 right now. I bought it so I don't have to buy another one not for performance gains, convenience mostly. If it improves anything then bonus. I'm not holding my breath. I'll let you know after I drive it for a few weeks.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Awesome. Let us know.
    I’m reading some reviews claiming power gains and increased mpg. I’m interested to see how it does.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OP
    OR17TRD

Went through the first tank of gas and MPG was better by 2 mpg. My drive to work I was avg 13-14mpg I got 15-16mpg consistently all week and one day 19.2mpg on the digital tracker but I hit every light green to get that. I notice little to no performance increase as expected. It's only been a week so time will tell on MPG. I haven't taken it on a hwy road trip yet so I can say if MPG will improve there. In town I'm happy with the results so far. And with all the ash in the air the last few weeks it's nice to just clean and replace the filters. Money saved there.

7. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Active Member

Definitely going have to try that out!

OR17TRD likes this.