AFE Pro Dry S Intake

eyecon

Anyone here running one of these? I am looking into this intake along with the TRD exhaust for giving me some more noise.

I have the drop in afe pro dry filter on my 04. You could here it suck air and felt more power

Anyone running the AFE exhaust setup? I am deciding between this and the TRD. Afe is about half the cost.

Why not just do a muffler swap? You really won't feel any gains from a cat back system.

Thats a possibility, i am looking for more tone than anything. I didnt really like the sound of the flowmasters ive heard clips of. Havent checked into magnaflow yet though

I have the AFE cold air intake with the pro dry filter it's louder than normal and the good thing is no oil to dirty up you Mac sensor after putting on miles all I have to do is vacuum it out and done but I have a computer to utilize the air intake and exhaust now I can really tell the power gains

I have the TRD cold air intake with the Magnaflow stainless catback, It has not helped MPG's at least none that I can see BUT DAMN IT SOUNDS GOOD!! and you can use a dry filter with it.

I first bought the flowmaster cat back system 50 series duals and it definitely had a sound change no difference in mileage acceleration sounded really good for a v-6 so I went all the way and bought the Jba long tube headers with that titanium ceramic and the URD performance y-pipe with cat delete and paired it up to the exhaust and holy crap it sounds beyond awesome . I don't now many times people asked what size v-8 my truck came with and a few ding dongs thought it was a tundra. 5.7 but the cost wasn't sounding great my wallet is now really quiet lol

Wow, sounds like you went all the way what stopped me is I live in Cali no headers no decent intakes no nothin allowed so I settled for the Magnaflow catback and spent money on other mods I realy like the sound, but I wish I could hear yours I bet it sounds like I wanted mine to sound.

It sounds good for what it is thanks I wish I could put a sound clip on for ya the power gains are very noticeable with the computer a few people told me you can add all the mods to the motor and drive it without the computer and it runs for crap the computer does utilize the air and fuel mixture and does a lot with the timing to burn it better now I can use all 3 fuels and I have 5 different map settings I wish you could do it to yours Thanks again

Man what a nice setup you have, yeh I wish I could have something close to that headers would be nice but out here you can only use them when wheeling and they get you during regestration time so they make it very hard to have a outstanding system. Take care and good luck with your future mods.

When I detail the truck ill put some pics up of all the mods i did everything myself and it wasn't that hard to do if you check with Jba the have short headers that you can weld your cats to and all their headers have threaded holes for your o2's so you still have your emissions . The only thing that sucks about my set up is the smells from the exhaust it's terrible

I'm running the AFe Stage 2 with the Pro Dry filter. It is louder. At normal driving it's not much louder but when you get on it then it's fairly loud. I'm all stock other than that power train wise and I actually think I've lost about 1 mpg and I drive easy.

I did think think I could feel a slight power increase when I first put it on but that may have just been in my mind.

Looking to get afe with the dry filter. Where is the best place to buy it. Cheapest I saw this far was $375 shipped. Also the install looks like 5 min plug play at the intake?

Back