AFE Pro Dry S Intake

Looking to get afe with the dry filter. Where is the best place to buy it. Cheapest I saw this far was $375 shipped. Also the install looks like 5 min plug play at the intake?

Have you looked at Autoanything.com?

I didn't time myself and was in no hurry, just took my time to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Plus had a hard time getting the seal to seat at the fender opening. Pretty simple aside from the seal. I think it took me about minutes.

Yeah that's actually where I saw it. Didn't know if there was a cheaper site or anything. If not I will most likely order this weekend. Seems pretty simple. Any tricks with the install? I'm coming from 4 cyl sports cars but this install seems pretty fool proof. I mean it's an intake.

For anyone who is interested auto anything has 15% off right now. Which is easily enough for me to pull the trigger on this intake

Here's is with stock removed and about to start install process. I have finished the install forgot a final picture though. Sound is better when wide open. Fit is good. Little more play in it than I would like. More complex than I thought for install. Not hard but didn't expect to relocate smog pump. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1380158177.934256.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1380158201.998102.jpg

Hey Season. Let me know if you think it is worth the cash. I'm considering one of those for my taco. I have a 2013 TRD sport DCSB 4x4.

Hey Season. Let me know if you think it is worth the cash. I'm considering one of those for my taco. I have a 2013 TRD sport DCSB 4x4.

Depends what you're looking for. I'm going on a trip this weekend so I'll lay down some solid miles and let you know. However what I did realize
And need to find out is I plan on supercharging soon and I'm not sure this will fit. Anyone know? If it doesn't I'll sell it to you.

I installed this setup yesterday on a 2013 V6. Three things they could improve on. First the intake on the air box came up about 1/2 inch short of the fire wall which will allow hot air from the engine compartment in (yes I had the seal in place. Second, relocated smog pump is now resting on engine component, will have to watch for wearing a hole in rubber boot on smog pump, and third the instructions want you to re-use stud off old intake to secure the cowling. This stud is pressed or glued in and I would have to damage intake to remove.
Now the good. It looks great in place, motor has deeper growl and butt dyno tells me I've got more pull in the higher RPM range.

I installed this setup yesterday on a 2013 V6. Three things they could improve on. First the intake on the air box came up about 1/2 inch short of the fire wall which will allow hot air from the engine compartment in (yes I had the seal in place. Second, relocated smog pump is now resting on engine component, will have to watch for wearing a hole in rubber boot on smog pump, and third the instructions want you to re-use stud off old intake to secure the cowling. This stud is pressed or glued in and I would have to damage intake to remove.
Now the good. It looks great in place, motor has deeper growl and butt dyno tells me I've got more pull in the higher RPM range.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Didn't like the smog pump relocation at all. The stud I thought could have been done better. Mine was removed
No problem. The seal seemed to be fine. I don't remember any issues.
Deeper growl for sure. I'm happy with it. Nothing great I'd say fair value.

Back