After market warranties

Hello everyone, would really appreciate any input to the following question,btw new to this forum 2nd time owner of a tacoma. So I recently traded in my 2014 tacoma for a 2017 tacoma TRD off road edition, bought it with 18,000 miles on it, reaching 20k now. When I bought the truck the dealer sold me a longer warranty for oil changes , tire rotations etc and an extended warranty till 125,000 miles. I know toyota usually has a warranty on their cars bumper to bumper till I think 100,000 miles. My previous tacoma never had any issues just regular maintenance up keep. Do I have a double warranty now on the truck ? How popular are warranties now a days and are they worth it ? Any input appreciated ! Thank you ! ☺☺

Last edited:
Extended warranties have a ton of loop holes in them, read the fine print. The one for the oil changes and tire rotation is a service contract, youre just prepaying for scheduled maintenance. The extended warranty part very well could state that all dealer recomended service needs to be performed, which means dealer will recommend things that are not necessarily needed other than they want to make some extra money. Read the fine print and see what youre obligated to do to keep warranty valid.

Extended warranties have a ton of loop holes in them, read the fine print. The one for the oil changes and tire rotation is a service contract, youre just prepaying for scheduled maintenance. The extended warranty part very well could state that all dealer recomended service needs to be performed, which means dealer will recommend things that are not necessarily needed other than they want to make some extra money. Read the fine print and see what youre obligated to do to keep warranty valid.
Thank you so much! That makes a little more sense now to me.

This was my old toyota tacoma! Absolutely loved this truck, no issues only after market modifications gave me some issues. But otherwise rock solid. I wish the newer trucks had the 4.0 liter . I feel like my older truck had a little more power !

Attachments

• 20150305_171056-1.jpg
    20150305_171056-1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 35
I wish the new ones had the 4.0 too. :(
Agreed ! Lol so I have a question for you my friend, on my old Tacoma I got tints done on the front 2 windows and windshield and after that I started having issues with the alarm. No issues prior to that, every 4months or so i had to take it to the dealer so they could replace a door lock or what not .....I did the window tinting somewhere else , not at a toyota dealership either way they covered the fix of the door locks every single time . It was just a pain in the ass to always take it in to get it fixed. So idk if the window tinting had anything to do with it?? So now I'm scared to do it to this one but dammit it's too bright .lol

Agreed ! Lol so I have a question for you my friend, on my old Tacoma I got tints done on the front 2 windows and windshield and after that I started having issues with the alarm. No issues prior to that, every 4months or so i had to take it to the dealer so they could replace a door lock or what not .....I did the window tinting somewhere else , not at a toyota dealership either way they covered the fix of the door locks every single time . It was just a pain in the ass to always take it in to get it fixed. So idk if the window tinting had anything to do with it?? So now I'm scared to do it to this one but dammit it's too bright .lol
I'm bit sure where there would be a connection between window tinting and door locks/alarm. Obviously Toyota didnt see a connection either or they wouldn't have done the repairs.

I'm bit sure where there would be a connection between window tinting and door locks/alarm. Obviously Toyota didnt see a connection either or they wouldn't have done the repairs.
Very true, might have just been a coincidence. I have read in other places where tinting did affect the alarm system which is why I was asking .

Back