Air Conditioning issue 2009 4 cyl manual 4x4

Treeslps1

Good day all,

I am brand new here. Last year I took my truck in for AirCo work. The shop couldn't find an issue, so dyed the recharge liquid. After about a month the truck started pumping in warm air again. I took it back and they couldn't find any sign of dye or a leak. They recharged it again with dye at no cost to me and the same happened again. By then the outside temps were starting to cool off (Nova Scotia, Canada) so I didn't bother going back. Before going through this process again, do any of you have advice on what the problem may be, please? If it requires a complete overhaul or replacement, what cost am I looking at?
Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Easy checks and possibilities
Blocked or broken condensor.
Visually check for damage broken and bent vanes. Check for debri in vanes. Don't pressure wash to clean. Just a hose on it will clean debri from the vanes without causing damage take time to work debri out with lower pressure water.
cooling requires air flowing through the vanes of the condensor and radiator.
If you think its clogged internally you will need to measure the pressures at each component to determine where the clog is, then replace that component.
Make sure the cooling fan is working. No air flow while stopped it won't blow colder at slower speeds. If you notice it blows cooler at higher speeds but warmer at lower speeds. Check fan.

Welcome to the forum!

Back