airfilters

Well I don't why everyone is against the k&n air filters they do filter really well

My friend had one in his '03 and his intake was constantly needing to be cleaned. Also it doesn't give any more power and costs as much as 7 of the filters I run. I just think their not really worth the investment. I sell them but I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Well I don't why everyone is against the k&n air filters they do filter really well

aftermarket filters get better airflow at the cost of filtering ability... there's no such thing as an open space that filters and allows flow at the same time. It's just not really told.

When on the road, I run an AFE pro dry S, when I know I'll be hitting dirt and whatnot I swap in my OEM

I got it since I don't want to have to replace the filter often and a guy I know has run #a k&n in his diesel for 80k miles without an issue

I do think you get a little boost in fuel economy and they do filter pretty well I mean I love in the pacific northwest where there is little dust where I live so it is not a problem if I lived in the desert I would be running paper

F
I got it since I don't want to have to replace the filter often and a guy I know has run #a k&n in his diesel for 80k miles without an issue

We stopped warranty claims on turbos if the customer has a k/n type filter... micro debris gets past the filter element and wrecks havoc on the turbo fins making the edges of the fins or blades whatever you wanna call it dull. When the edges are dull the turbo won't spool up properly making little to no boost..

What are you comparing it to? Look...we don't run them because we know that the cons outweigh the pros. If you choose to still run it then cool. You and your buddy may not see any damage in the time you own your trucks. The fact is that non paper filters let more dirt by no matter what the company's website says.

Last edited:
I know I just am saying that I run one and I have good luck with them but I do wish they would make them thicker but oh well I will mostly use mine when I go off reading

Meh..depending on how active I am going on the trail (talking every weekend) I'll replace my filter once a month. I bet I have half a pound of dust trapped in the element when I take that sucker off. I bet if I had a k/n style I would have only a quarter pound of dust trapped in the filter with the rest of it getting through lol. If I had a vehicle that stayed 100% on the road then maybe I'll consider a aftermarket filter..maybe

Back