airfilters

Been running and AFE Pro Dry filter since I got the truck

117223d1316561765-fs-afe-pro-dry-s-air-filter-2007-tacoma-v6-imag0047.jpg

Been running the afe dry filter, so far no issues, probably picked up a little gas mileage... Heard buying an intake for my 2.7l was a waste of money

The OEM. Filters for the 80 series land cruiser are washable and reusable. Is it not the same for the OEM Filters for the 2.7l

Been running K&N in all of my vehicles since they were new. That's ATV's, Pontiac Turbo Solstice, 06 GTO and two 02 Toyota's with out a single problem. At 50,000 miles I cleaned the Toyota's because of the miles not because they had any dry spots. And just because I've had so many people tell me that they didn't filter well, I ran a clean tee shirt up as far as I could behind the filter. Clean, perfectly clean, no oil or dust... nothin.
Ill stick with K&N so my engines will never starve for air. In fact, I recently put one on my 2013 TRD Tacoma Sport double cab and got one in today from eboy for my wife's 2013 4 Runner Limited. I put K&N air filters on everything.

Been running K&N in all of my vehicles since they were new. That's ATV's, Pontiac Turbo Solstice, 06 GTO and two 02 Toyota's with out a single problem. At 50,000 miles I cleaned the Toyota's because of the miles not because they had any dry spots. And just because I've had so many people tell me that they didn't filter well, I ran a clean tee shirt up as far as I could behind the filter. Clean, perfectly clean, no oil or dust... nothin.
Ill stick with K&N so my engines will never starve for air. In fact, I recently put one on my 2013 TRD Tacoma Sport double cab and got one in today from eboy for my wife's 2013 4 Runner Limited. I put K&N air filters on everything.

I call BS on the T-shirt. It would choke the engine out.

If the stock paper was staving the engine of air you would have a huge gain swapping filters but it doesn't happen.

K&N brah! :D

Last edited:
LOL that's cute.
However, you don't understand the principle with the K&N filter. I use the same "layering" principle in filtering water with a diatomaceous slurry. With the oil and dust as more layers build up your filtering remains more constant than with just the dry dirt which will seal.
After I cleaned the filters after 50,000 miles, I noticed no gain in power. They were filtering fine. On a K&N, as long as the dirt looks wet (oily) they are working. It's not BS, it's physics.

Yes I understand the concept but in reality they do pass more dirt through along with that extra air flow that a stock engine can't use due to the heads being the actual restriction. In my previous post I also said that you may or may not see damage. My RX7 ran twin K&N filters on my turbo RX7 without issues however I didn't have the oil tested. K&N does raise oil contaminant levels and has been proven many times.

But seriously keep running them if you want. I prefer more filtering capability.

When they are new (clean) they might pass a tad more but it's negligible and doesn't last long . As they get dirty, they don't. They need the dirt to work, thats your filtering media. Hence, you don't clean them too often. I think the big mistake with the K&N air filters is they look dirty and people clean them. They need the dirt on there to function properly. It's the dry spots that indicate they need cleaning, let the dirt build until it starts running out of oil.
And yes I'll keep running them but they are like any equipment you have, it's only as good as its operator.

These oil tests were done on new and old filters. Same result. More silica in the oil.

The biggest mistake I have seen with oiled filters is over oiling. MAF issues happen mostly on vehicles running oiled filters.

Last edited:
There is a new filter I found that uses nanofiber and it says it filters better than a paper air filter and has more flow than k&n

still skeptical

simple physics.
something cant filter and flow at the same time.

flow=more airflow
more airflow= less filtering

more filtering=less airflow

You don't think I'm wondering about it? I just thought this sounds like an amazing filter but only a test will tell of its good or not

I hear that an unobtanium mesh soaked in unicorn tears filters the best and it doesn't restrict flow at all.

mfg numbers on the box indicate the flow of air is actually increased to the point of compression!

According to the graph they painted on the box, the filter adds 150 horsepower because of the forced induction qualities of the unicorn tears

Back