Aisin fluid change

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Ron Barker, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Ron Barker

Ron Barker New Member

I have 2006 2WD access cab and am having no luck getting info on changing fluid in transmission. Dealer wants $140 and I think that is just for drain and fill 4 qts, not a flush. Do I have to mind exact amount drained out vs amount put back in and the temp of same? Like the 5 sp? My vin calls for ATF Type T-IV, not W/S. Hopefully it is as easy as draining out pan and refilling via dipstick tube. Am I right? There is only one drain plug and no visible fill port. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

If you checked your trans fluid before you drained and filled and it was at a good level then it would be ok to assume that you could put back the same amount and be ok. It’s always a good idea to check the new fluids after a few hundred miles.

4. OP
    Ron Barker

Ron Barker New Member

Thanks. Did I assume correctly to refill via dipstick tube?

5. OR17TRD

Yes. Is it the 2.7L or the 2.4L?

6. OP
    Ron Barker

Ron Barker New Member

7. OP
    Ron Barker

Ron Barker New Member

8. OR17TRD

That’s a great little motor.

9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yes they are

10. Will Evans

Will Evans Active Member

I recently did my 06 4WD and it was a bitch to get the refill plug off. Not a lot of room to get to it and the bolt head is only 5mm deep, so had to grind the chamfer of my 24mm socket. Still worth saving the $140 thought lol.

Bogunn likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Could you use a wrench vs a socket?

12. Will Evans

Will Evans Active Member

No, there was no way to get a wrench on it. The transmission housing was in the way. Need the clearance between the rachet and the socket.