Alignment...

Bearchell

Hey guys. So, I have a question that's been burning a way in the back of my head and I need an answer.

If you're running 33's with a 3" lift and as everyone says, you can't really get a perfect alignment (due to camber/caster). Couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't it be easy to just turn the alignment lobes to maximize your available camber adjustment? This is all assuming you're running stock ucas. I feel like I'm being ripped off paying $75 for someone to crank my lobes to max and say that's the best you can get with a 3" lift. Does anyone have any input on this? This is also assuming your toe is good, which is should be if it was fine before the lift.

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

I do alignments everyday at work. I would get it done. $75 is actually a good price with a lift installed. If you adjust the eccentrics yourself, you will definitely be off. Your toe will change when you adjust them. Negative caster is ok, is the camber and toe that you want in the green. The caster can be red all day long, as long as the cross caster is less than .5°. I'm A.S.E CERTIFIED in this. I love doing this. Any more questions let me know.

Okay that's good to know. Thanks.

I'm worried that when I take it in they'll run into the notorious seized lca bushing deal. Any input on that? Should I go in and try to free it before taking it on? Or is it worth it to just replace the bushings with urethane ones and put in new adjustment cams?

Toyota should have done a recall about that if you ask me

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

Back