Another new guy.........

JoeTaco

Hello. My name is Joe and I joined the forum yesterday. I hope to learn and share some good info. I have a 2015 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed Dbl Cab. It's got about 9,000 miles on it now. I had a 1983 Toyota SR5 4X4 that I kept for 14 years. It was low on power buy long on durability. It was a great truck and that's a major reason I bought another Toyota when the time came.

Congrats on new TRD, what are you plans for mods?
So far the truck has: Pop 'n' Lok tailgate lock, ARE Camper Shell wired for lights/power, Tonneau Cover (I swap them as needed), Heated Seats, Sound deadening in the entire cab, extra 12V outlet in the right side storage pocket. I don't plan on doing any engine mods or lift kits.

I haul enough stuff to keep it level most of the time. LOL! Actually, I may install some helper springs to help level out the trailer I tow but it's not a 'gotta have' yet.
The best thing I did was the sound deadening. It makes it an entirely different, and much quieter truck. I used duct work insulation (Lowe's/Home Depot). I did EVERYTHING inside the cab. I took out the seats, the headliner, the carpet, and all the door panels. The whole job took 6 rolls. It's 2 layers thick on the back of the cab and in the doors. The doors have a definite "THUNCK" now when I close them. I have a post about it with some pictures.

Back