Another new guy

William Alexander

What's up everyone! Just purchased a new 2019 gray Toyota Tacoma SR and just sayin hello. Also question, I'm trying to decide whether I should get chrome or black exterior accessories for my truck (bull bar, step bars, roll bar etc.). I like black but I heard that it rusts and chips easily. Do you guys experience that problem after a while?

What's up everyone! Just purchased a new 2019 gray Toyota Tacoma SR and just sayin hello. Also question, I'm trying to decide whether I should get chrome or black exterior accessories for my truck (bull bar, step bars, roll bar etc.). I like black but I heard that it rusts and chips easily. Do you guys experience that problem after a while?

Welcome to the forum. I’d go black because it’s easier to keep clean and easier to repair. As long as you keep an eye on it you can always paint it and sand it down.
Plus with black you can use the rhino lining in a spray can. I’ve done it. It’s easy and look good. And after that it’s practically rust proof.

Thanks for the info guys I've been wanting black but was afraid of the maintenance costs and having to buy a whole new bull bar after a couple years. I'll probably get that rhino lining to re-enforce the paint of the bar, Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys I've been wanting black but was afraid of the maintenance costs and having to buy a whole new bull bar after a couple years. I'll probably get that rhino lining to re-enforce the paint of the bar, Thanks!

If you spend a little more you can get the black textured design that’s like the rhino lining on the stuff you buy. It lasts a lot longer. I’ve had Tyger brand stuff that was like that. It’s not a whole lot more to buy the better stuff. But either way works.

Welcome to the Forum!

Back