Any 6’ 6” + ‘ers driving Gen 3 Tacoma’s?

Triumph65

I’m actually 6’ 5” but with only a 34”
inseam my torso is like that of someone 6’ 6-7”.

I have a Gen 2 with no moonroof. Went to sit in a Gen 3 today (also no moonroof). The Gen 3 felt significantly tighter. Also looked like the top of the windshield was lower, making it hard for me to see out.

Any 6’ 6” + guys out to there driving 3rd Generation Tacoma’s?

6 3, here. I do feel like the 3rd gen would be better served with a front seat that lowers a bit. For me, it's just barely okay. One thing I do find a bit of a hassle though is getting in and out of the truck. I have to go in either head first, or kinda tuck my head down a good bit in order to slide my butt into the seat.

Again, a height adjustable seat would be sweet

@AbsurdBuffalo - I agree. As much as I want one I’m just cramped in there.

For some reason my Gen 2 just feels more spacious.

One of the big factors for me is how low the top windshield opening is, in relation to how far back I am. I’d have to stop 20 feet before a red light to see the light

@AbsurdBuffalo - I agree. As much as I want one I’m just cramped in there.

For some reason my Gen 2 just feels more spacious.

One of the big factors for me is how low the top windshield opening is, in relation to how far back I am. I’d have to stop 20 feet before a red light to see the light

Oddly enough I’m the other way around. I feel like I have a lot more room in a gen three over the gen one and twos. I’m only 6’0” too.

I'm 6'5" with 34" inseam as well and I am comfortable in my 2017. I have about and 1" to an 1 1/2" above my head. I set in one with a moonroof and that was a no go. My head hit the moonroof trim. I do like my seat back reclined a notch or 2 do to my long arms. That may help me a bit on headroom. I came from a Tundra and it's definitely bigger, but I like my Tacoma just as much.

Unfortunately the Tundra is 3x the size LOL

Biggest options:
  • 226″ L x 75″ W x 71″ H
2017 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
  • 230″ L x 79″ W x 75″ H
2004 Toyota Tundra DC
  • 248″ L x 80″ W x 77″ H
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax

Biggest options:
  • 226″ L x 75″ W x 71″ H
2017 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
  • 230″ L x 79″ W x 75″ H
2004 Toyota Tundra DC
  • 248″ L x 80″ W x 77″ H
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax

Didn’t realize they had lengthened the tundra out so much.

Back