Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by cam patrick, Sep 16, 2013.

1. cam patrick

cam patrick Member

So I'm a noob to the forum and to Tacos, I'm in college and this trucks already wanting to burn some money haha, so I figured I'd come here for some ideas! So here she is! ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1379378395.699245.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1379378409.605604.jpg

Patsy's her name and she's an 04 v6 trd sr5, I hunt a lot so if there are any suggestions out there I'd love to hear em! Especially with pics included! Thanks y'all!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 808yota

808yota Well-Known Member

I'd get some rims. Maybe even a small lift for the front

4. OP
    cam patrick

cam patrick Member

Thanks yeah that's something on the lines of what I was thinkin

5. 808yota

Ya rims would be a good way to change the look without spending a whole lot. I got some used from craigslist a while back for what i think is a really good price.

Forgot to add you could even do a cold air intake such as a K&N... just a thought

6. user458

user458 Registered Users

Running boards, wet okole seat covers a high end tool box and what about some tint

7. OP
    cam patrick

cam patrick Member

I've already got limo tent, what about runnin bars off or on?

8. 808yota

I vote for them off

9. 95 taco

95 taco Well-Known Member

I vote running boards off, sliders on

10. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

What kind of tires you running? Also if you hunt a lot you may want to cap or locking tonneau cover. You can mod a gun rack in the cap if you're crafty.

11. Konaborne

Konaborne Well-Known Member

depends on what you want to do with the truck.

100% onroad, go for aesthetics and interior.

offroad, it all depends on how much you want to spend

12. Silver Streak

Silver Streak King of the hill :~)

Your TACO looks fine as is... :thumbup:

Change the name if it suits you and don't do what I did on my last truck. Put over 7K in modes and the vehicle was only worth $4,500 after 14 years on KBB. Resale prices do not care about after market products that were added. So if you go this route; keep the OEM parts so you can re-install them and sell the upgrades that you added.

WiskyT likes this.
  13. Bearchell

Bearchell Active Member

I disagree. Putting money into your taco is a hobby and the reward isn't monetary. Don't be someone who puts plastic bags on the couch so the next person can enjoy a clean couch, enjoy the couch yourself! That's why you bought it right?! Don't bankrupt yourself on it obviously but if you ask me, I put money into my truck for myself (not the next guy) and plan on driving my taco until she's nothing but a bucket of bolts. Resale value is for people who don't like there truck and want a new one and let's be real here... Who doesn't love they're Tacoma.

That's just my 2 cents

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

PinkTaco and Demo Man like this.
  14. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

I'm with you in this one. Sometimes aftermarket can help you in the resale. Shocks for example are a big help. You won't see as much in return as the dealership will. But you'll get a little extra.

15. PinkTaco

PinkTaco Well-Known Member

Never heard it put so good ENJOY IT otherwise why buy it at all, i live my truck and baby it but tou better belive i have some fun too

16. Blake

Blake Member

Watch out with air filters on 3.4L's, they don't like em much. Check engine light city!

17. Blake

Blake Member

Aftermarket air filters I mean

18. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

Yup, nothing like pissing money away on stuff while you are young so you can guarantee you'll be broke when you are older.

OP, save your money and buy a house so you don't have to live with your parents like everyone else your age. I knew guys that bought "IROC Z's" back in the day and I got an old Polara. Those guys are still living at home and my house is paid off. It's nice to under 50 and not have a mortgage. Save the money you would put into those naked lady mudflaps for when your transfer case takes a shit on you.