Any real advantage to a small body lift?

Jake Nelson

Recently bought a 2001 Tacoma and have been trying to spend the winter figuring out exactly what i want to do come summertime. Would the benefits be worth the price and time if i put in a 1/2" or 1" body lift?

Slightly larger tires but that's about it. If you wheel you bring the body up away from the terrain. I'm not a fan because I have seen cab mounts bust on BL lifted trucks and nothing fits as it did after you do it.

I have a 3in BL on my truck. I think they are a cheap and good way to fit larger tires. And if you install it right and re torque everything at 500-750 miles you shouldn't have any problems.

But also as whipper said, most kits will include brackets to raise your bumpers up but they still don't look as good as stock, and if you do it keep all your stock hardware and brackets in case you want to go back to stock

I am hoping that with only doing an inch or even half i can gain the tire and ground clearance untill i can lift the suspension about 2 inches. I do plan on taking this truck offroad and want rails and replacement bumpers on it anyway so i'm not too concerned with remounting the bumpers.

I am hoping that with only doing an inch or even half i can gain the tire and ground clearance untill i can lift the suspension about 2 inches. I do plan on taking this truck offroad and want rails and replacement bumpers on it anyway so i'm not too concerned with remounting the bumpers.

what tires are you going to run? the only guys I've seen that "needed" a BL on top of their suspension lifts are running 35+

I am bouncing back and forth between 33 and 35 but think im going to go with 33's, I dont think i will really NEED the body lift just considering it nd curious if anyone had any thoughts for or against it

The only way you can fit 35s without a 6inch sup lift is cut the cab mounts quite a bit like I did. I will put some pictures up soon. I am all for body lifts, if installed right and torqued down after 500 miles. Well at least until my cab falls off my frame :)

Edit: if there is another way to clear 35s please correct me

Back