Any thoughts on k&n air filters?

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462867611.699925.jpg
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462867625.233541.jpg
Tacoma 140,000 miles so far
FJ sold with 188,000 miles I put on it from new. No problems with either including Mass Air Flow sensors. I've also had them on Ford gas V8's and GM gas V8's with no problems. Have you modify any vehicles yet?

No man there great sounds great and you feel it in the throttle. And you never have to replace the filter ever just have to clean it up once in a while I highly recommend it. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462881973.420932.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1462881995.980703.jpg

I personally just replaced my Fram paper filer with a reusable k&n, I really feel the difference when I'm actually pushing on the gas around 3-4 rpm. But I've heard some rumors that they let more dirt in but they have excellent airflow.... Problem is I go to the desert a lot.

If you go to the desert a lot, stick with paper filters and replace them sooner than recommended. They probably get a lot of dirt/sand in them. The K&N are nice but not that easy to clean since they are gauze. Way easier to just replace the paper ones. Now if you were on paved streets, you might consider the K&N.

If you go to the desert a lot, stick with paper filters and replace them sooner than recommended. They probably get a lot of dirt/sand in them. The K&N are nice but not that easy to clean since they are gauze. Way easier to just replace the paper ones. Now if you were on paved streets, you might consider the K&N.
So the k&n's do let's more dirt in the motor?

Why tell people bullshit on here? You have no proof of that. You take it off spray the cleaner on it in a sink. Let it soak 5 minutes. Turn on your kitchen faucet run the water into the open hole if it's a cone. Drop in ,water will be run through the side that faces down. Basically turn it over run the water against the air flow direction. Let it air dry. Spray a light coat of oil reinstall. I have run these K&N intakes and drop in filters for years in V-8 gas, diesel and 3 Toyotas with over a million miles total NO problems. Off roading in Dirt, Mud and plenty of beach sand. IF you don't have any experience with any products discussed on here shut it.

Why tell people bullshit on here? You have no proof of that. You take it off spray the cleaner on it in a sink. Let it soak 5 minutes. Turn on your kitchen faucet run the water into the open hole if it's a cone. Drop in ,water will be run through the side that faces down. Basically turn it over run the water against the air flow direction. Let it air dry. Spray a light coat of oil reinstall. I have run these K&N intakes and drop in filters for years in V-8 gas, diesel and 3 Toyotas with over a million miles total NO problems. Off roading in Dirt, Mud and plenty of beach sand. IF you don't have any experience with any products discussed on here shut it.

Who made you the man here......suggest you get a life. How many hi performance cars come with K&N filters. Oh ya, NONE.....seriously, buy a K&N filter if you like spending a lot of money and time cleaning them. I can go through a lifetime of paper filters and have less hassle. Wonder why NO car manufacturers recommend them. I am 67, had lots of hotrods and high performance cars. K&N filters make a lot of noise and maybe give you 1 to 2 % gain in horsepower. So maybe you will notice it but even in a high performance motor, I never noticed a thing other than noise. Sounds like you're going fast when your not. LOL The biggest problem with any filter you have to clean and oil is some people tend to not let them dry completely after washing and then coat them with too much filter oil. That messes with the MAF sensor. So tell me how much faster your truck is and so on with the K&N filter? Oh, btw, everybody is entitled to an opinion, don't bash people because they don't agree with you. That's not what a forum like this is for.

Well with K&N filters it really depends on what you want to do to your taco. Are you installing a cold air intake? Or just getting an high performance filter? Lots of choices.

Back